GoDuBois.com

Do you suppose WOKE fatigue is

redmill

Published 

2022's Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals of woke outrage failures

Here are three big ways the woke outrage mob went broke in 2022

As 2022 comes to a close the most recent Gallup polling shows 76 percent of Americans think the country is headed in the wrong direction. Taken another way, if Joe Biden was your UBER driver you might want a ride from Paul Pelosi instead. But I'm not here to bash Democrats or their driving records. Nor will I give them the business for the record levels of inflation crushing small businesses. Yes, a lot of us got poorer this year, but the silver lining for all Americans is the woke outrage mob truly went broke.

As always, there were plenty of big angry protests but unlike years past where social pressure campaigns ended TV shows like "Live PD" and eliminated the Aunt Jemima logo (and the royalties going to the model’s family) history will show that this year’s biggest backlashes fell flat.

It's worth looking at here----->

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2022-gold-silver-bronze-medals-woke-outrage-failures

Phrases such as “pub crawl” and “happy hour” are deemed “non-inclusive.”(Photo: Tembela Bohle/Pexels)

U.K.’s independent consumer advocacy organization, Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA), has urged beer drinkers and event volunteers to forgo “non-inclusive” phrases that may alienate women, reported The Sun.

According to the report, the imbiber should consider saying “taking colleagues to a drink” instead of “join the lads for a few,” as it might imply that women don’t like to drink.

Terms such as “pub crawl” and “happy hour” have also been deemed “non-inclusive” and are suggested to be replaced with “pub tour” and “savour a pint,” respectively.

“Avoid ‘lad culture’ overtones which can be alienating to many,” CAMRA stated, according to The Sun. “Beer banter is fine, just make sure it’s inclusive to everyone.”

UPDATED with statement from The Bail Project: A bail reform group, backed by celebrities including Danny Glover, John Legend and Richard Branson, has shut down its Las Vegas chapter after helping to release a man who went on to shoot and nearly kill a Las Vegas waiter.

Rashawn Gaston-Anderson, who had been arrested in November 2021 for burglary and theft, had been released by The Bail Project after it paid his $3,000 bail. Six days later, Gaston-Anderson allegedly opened fire in a Las Vegas restaurant, shooting waiter Chengyan Wang eleven times, nearly killing him. Wang is now suing The Bail Project, which denies that the closure was related to the lawsuit.

1 hour ago, fedup said:

just about every one of your posts are excuses you make because you can't address the truth with any facts, just your Liberal opinions on how things are. 

You wish you could come up with some hard core facts to back up what your opinions are. 

Just like all Liberals, the life you want to see is full of dreams containing unicorns and flower gardens where no liberal does any harm. It's only the non-liberals that cause any problems. 

Even after all this time you still don't want to see what this subject is all about. You keep twisting things around like I and others are just blaming liberal crooks for doing bad things. That is not the problem, the problem is simple, your liberal's who are in charge of protecting the public from harm are not doing their job. 

It starts right at the top with your brain dead choice for president. Every day hundreds or thousands of invaders invade this county at his request. For generations free Americans will have to worry about how many bad people came in with the others. Then it all goes really downhill fast. The DOJ does not protect Americans from the DOJ. Liberal gov., mayors Da's and AG's just let the bad boys and girls back out on the street.  Your Liberal heath department cuts little boys and girls at will and deforms them for life. They also cut bad boys iand girls that they managed to keep in prison, at the tax payers expense. A lot of your military wants to start wars in other countries so they can play soldier and pretend they are compassionate. 

ON AND ON AND ON IT GOES

Thanks for not answering my question!  Most of those issues you bring up deserve separate threads and cannot be solved outside of a Rambo or Dirty Harry movie. ( I consider those types of films to be ad unbelievable as any film featuring unicorns.)

1 hour ago, weirdcritter said:

Thanks for not answering my question!  Most of those issues you bring up deserve separate threads and cannot be solved outside of a Rambo or Dirty Harry movie. ( I consider those types of films to be ad unbelievable as any film featuring unicorns.)

I answered your questions, you just didn't like my answers. My whole post describes why Liberalism and those that support it is killing this country.

On 12/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, weirdcritter said:

One of the great characteristics about the English language is its ability to add new words and add new definitions to old words. It does this not because of any conspiracy, but because that is the nature of the language. I hope you aren't so naive that you don't know that trans-woman will fit into the second definition of woman, or even become part of the first definition. And trans-man will similarly become the second or part of the first definition of man. Language changes, attitudes change, priorities change, expectations change, customs change. When transhumanism takes off the very definition of what a human is will change. Fifty years from now, if by miracles of modern medicine you are still around, you will probably still be railing against things you have no control over, much like the famous meme of Abe Simpson yelling at a cloud. Not good for your blood pressure. I'm older than you and getting upset over things (different things from what upsets you) isn't good for mine either. 

As for paying for sex changes, with AI and related technologies I think it is feasible for people to have a say in what their taxes will be spent on. People who do not want their taxes to pay for sex change operations can then specify that. Those who do not object or even support taxes paying for them will give their approval. But whether that happens or not, as Ben Franklin said, the only two certainties in life are death and taxes. 

The reason I brought chromosomes into this discussion is because people argue that if you are born with an XX chromosome or an XY chromosome that should determine how you identify yourself. I find the idea that a submicroscopic section of your cells should determine whether you-as a free adult-should be allowed to modify your body or determine how anyone-at any age-can self-identify is a most inane tyranny. 

Being called a man or woman already embraces a wide range of characteristics.  There are very masculine women and very feminine men.  Whether you like hunting and rebuilding transmission or prefer needlepoint and flower arrangements doesnt make you a man or a woman.  Biology does.

I get it where you would like to discount or ignore biology.  It is something you cannot control or change.  Sure, you can cut off parts a manufacture parts to create reasonable facsimilies, but it it will never be or function like original parts.    You can also take drugs to suppress natural hormones or mimic hormones you cannot produce, but you are actively choosing to alter your biology. You will never be a biological father without testicles nor a mother without ovaries.  Sure, you can change the words all you want, but it's not going to change reality.  Painting it red and slapping on a Porsche insignia does not make an old Cavalier a sportscar.

At any age?  Really?  You want a 6 yo to be able to alter their physical and chemical biology by their own choice, long before they are capable of creating a true understanding of, well, anything?  A group that changes their favorite color from week to week, you think they should be able to make life altering decisions?

If you are self-identifying, you should be self-paying.  Self-identifying implies you are making a choice.  No one should pay for someone else's choices.  I would feel more manly and virile with a full head of hair.  You willing to contribute to my hair transplants?  How about paying for implants for women that would feel more feminine with bigger boobs?

I really dont care how you desire to self-identify.  I will even use your preferred  pronouns.  However, stop trying to pretend there is no difference between men and women.  Stop pretending biology doesnt matter.

1 hour ago, Illiterate said:

Being called a man or woman already embraces a wide range of characteristics.  There are very masculine women and very feminine men.  Whether you like hunting and rebuilding transmission or prefer needlepoint and flower arrangements doesnt make you a man or a woman.  Biology does.

I get it where you would like to discount or ignore biology.  It is something you cannot control or change.  Sure, you can cut off parts a manufacture parts to create reasonable facsimilies, but it it will never be or function like original parts.    You can also take drugs to suppress natural hormones or mimic hormones you cannot produce, but you are actively choosing to alter your biology. You will never be a biological father without testicles nor a mother without ovaries.  Sure, you can change the words all you want, but it's not going to change reality.  Painting it red and slapping on a Porsche insignia does not make an old Cavalier a sportscar.

At any age?  Really?  You want a 6 yo to be able to alter their physical and chemical biology by their own choice, long before they are capable of creating a true understanding of, well, anything?  A group that changes their favorite color from week to week, you think they should be able to make life altering decisions?

If you are self-identifying, you should be self-paying.  Self-identifying implies you are making a choice.  No one should pay for someone else's choices.  I would feel more manly and virile with a full head of hair.  You willing to contribute to my hair transplants?  How about paying for implants for women that would feel more feminine with bigger boobs?

I really dont care how you desire to self-identify.  I will even use your preferred  pronouns.  However, stop trying to pretend there is no difference between men and women.  Stop pretending biology doesnt matter.

Any surgery should only take place only once the trans child reaches adulthold, age 18, and only after lots of therapy establishes that this desire isn't a whim.  Many trans persons elect not to get surgery at all. However I have no objection to a trans child living as the opposite gender. Or really any child. If a boy identifying as a girl wishes to dress, act and be called by a girl's name I have no problem with that. Surgery and hormones would be a nono until that kid is older. Same with a girl who identifies as a boy. From what little I've read if a toddler has these desires the kid is likely trans because gender/sexual identity is hardwired at birth. If a tween or teen suddenly expresses this desire it is more likely than not one of those phases a kid goes through that they grow out of. 

As for parenthood, within a few decades extrauterine devices that can carry the unborn from conception until birth will likely become common. Also scientists are working on developing biological wombs that can be transplanted into women of any sort that lack one or have an unhealthy one. I would not be surprised if similar research isn't being done to create biologically accurate penises and testes. The future promises to be amazing. Biology is important but not that important.

As for who pays, in decades to come politicians will be under more pressure to use public money to pay for these procedures as trans people become more accepted by society.  Plus future politicians will themselves be more inclined to support these procedures. Then there are the various philanthropic foundations that will likely pop up to pay for them.

I have some bad news for you too. It is your very virility that is making bald. Alas it is the same for me.

1 hour ago, weirdcritter said:

Any surgery should only take place only once the trans child reaches adulthold, age 18, and only after lots of therapy establishes that this desire isn't a whim.  Many trans persons elect not to get surgery at all. However I have no objection to a trans child living as the opposite gender. Or really any child. If a boy identifying as a girl wishes to dress, act and be called by a girl's name I have no problem with that. Surgery and hormones would be a nono until that kid is older. Same with a girl who identifies as a boy. From what little I've read if a toddler has these desires the kid is likely trans because gender/sexual identity is hardwired at birth. If a tween or teen suddenly expresses this desire it is more likely than not one of those phases a kid goes through that they grow out of. 

As for parenthood, within a few decades extrauterine devices that can carry the unborn from conception until birth will likely become common. Also scientists are working on developing biological wombs that can be transplanted into women of any sort that lack one or have an unhealthy one. I would not be surprised if similar research isn't being done to create biologically accurate penises and testes. The future promises to be amazing. Biology is important but not that important.

As for who pays, in decades to come politicians will be under more pressure to use public money to pay for these procedures as trans people become more accepted by society.  Plus future politicians will themselves be more inclined to support these procedures. Then there are the various philanthropic foundations that will likely pop up to pay for them.

I have some bad news for you too. It is your very virility that is making bald. Alas it is the same for me.

So down the rabbit hole we go.

"Any surgery should only take place only once the trans child reaches adulthold, age 18, and only after lots of therapy establishes that this desire isn't a whim."

Empty words from a Liberal, you typed them but you do nothing to defend them. You just vote for and support more Liberals.

16 minutes ago, weirdcritter said:

Turns out I was wrong. Biology is very important. Brain biology that is:

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/research-on-the-transgender-brain-what-you-should-know/

From your article. It says it all. Once again a liberal is trying to change the definition of something to make it what they want to believe. 

"“We’re trying to change the understanding of gender,” says psychiatrist Murat Altinay, MD. “That’s one of my big goals. The main question I’m asking is, ‘Where is the gender?’"

age 25

Brain Maturity Extends Well Beyond Teen Years Under most laws, young people are recognized as adults at age 18. But emerging science about brain development suggests that most people don't reach full maturity until the age 25.Oct 10, 2011

20 minutes ago, fedup said:

From your article. It says it all. Once again a liberal is trying to change the definition of something to make it what they want to believe. 

"“We’re trying to change the understanding of gender,” says psychiatrist Murat Altinay, MD. “That’s one of my big goals. The main question I’m asking is, ‘Where is the gender?’"

age 25

Brain Maturity Extends Well Beyond Teen Years Under most laws, young people are recognized as adults at age 18. But emerging science about brain development suggests that most people don't reach full maturity until the age 25.Oct 10, 2011

For 10,000 years of human written history this wasn’t a debate. It’s obvious. Facts don’t lie. Biology and reality don’t lie.  Facts trump feelings.  But…as you know Fed, we have become more stupid.  Only liberalism would complicate the most basics of basics.  Give up with this dude. You’ll only go in circles and waste your time.  You can’t reason with a liberal.  

27 minutes ago, fedup said:

age 25

The brain may not be totally mature at 18. But it is mature enough to make most decisions. Frankly a lot of people don't show many signs of mature thinking when they are 75. 

This Murat guy, whose opinion means to me personally, never heard of him, what does he matter?

3 minutes ago, weirdcritter said:

The brain may not be totally mature at 18. But it is mature enough to make most decisions. Frankly a lot of people don't show many signs of mature thinking when they are 75. 

This Murat guy, whose opinion means to me personally, never heard of him, what does he matter?

Your Liberals are allowing small children's johnsons to be cut and their body pumped full of un-needed chemicals and here you are making excuses as usual. 

15 minutes ago, weirdcritter said:

And for some reason your diatribes do matter?   This guy knows more about it than you from experience.

3 minutes ago, fedup said:

Your Liberals are allowing small children's johnsons to be cut and their body pumped full of un-needed chemicals and here you are making excuses as usual. 

Once again, 18 year old men are not small children. You keep making these insane denunciations because of what I consider a pathological hatred, much like the hatred that Kanye West has for Jews and the late Elliot Rogers had for women. 

At the end of Don Quixote the title character is a broken man at the end of his life, realizing that he had been fighting giants, enemies, that were not there. I hope you have a better ending than he did. 

23 minutes ago, weirdcritter said:

Once again, 18 year old men are not small children. You keep making these insane denunciations because of what I consider a pathological hatred, much like the hatred that Kanye West has for Jews and the late Elliot Rogers had for women. 

At the end of Don Quixote the title character is a broken man at the end of his life, realizing that he had been fighting giants, enemies, that were not there. I hope you have a better ending than he did. 

Once again, I AIN'T TALKING ABOUT 18 year old kids.  Can't you read??????

CHICAGO - A small but growing number of teens and even younger children who think they were born the wrong sex are getting support from parents and from doctors who give them sex-changing treatments, according to reports in the medical journal Pediatrics.

A leading transgender health association has lowered its recommended minimum age for starting gender transition treatment, including sex hormones and surgeries.

The World Professional Association for Transgender Health said hormones could be started at age 14, two years earlier than the group’s previous advice, and some surgeries done at age 15 or 17, a year or so earlier than previous guidance. The group acknowledged potential risks but said it is unethical and harmful to withhold early treatment.

20 minutes ago, pennstater said:

And for some reason your diatribes do matter?   This guy knows more about it than you from experience.

I am sure my "diatribes" as you call them are more accepted by the broader society than your own views. No offense but I do think there is a lot of anger in this area at the world that is changing more than they want and that is pushing the world they grew up in away from themselves and from their progeny.

For centuries people thought diseases like smallpox and leprosy were cause by demons. Epilepsy and schizophrenia were also believed to be cause by demons. Not to mention impotence and cows not giving milk. 

Have you ever considered glorifying heaven by doing what Jesus told his disciples to do in Matthew 19:12? I think Jesus and his disciples, along with other early Christians (Origen being the most famous example) not to mention such groups as the Skopskys, did exactly that. Of course Jesus may have been talking figurately, not literally. What does that verse mean to you if you don't mind me asking. 

And since you advised Fedup not to argue with me, why are you doing it?

3 minutes ago, fedup said:

Once again, I AIN'T TALKING ABOUT 18 year old kids.  Can't you read??????

CHICAGO - A small but growing number of teens and even younger children who think they were born the wrong sex are getting support from parents and from doctors who give them sex-changing treatments, according to reports in the medical journal Pediatrics.

A leading transgender health association has lowered its recommended minimum age for starting gender transition treatment, including sex hormones and surgeries.

The World Professional Association for Transgender Health said hormones could be started at age 14, two years earlier than the group’s previous advice, and some surgeries done at age 15 or 17, a year or so earlier than previous guidance. The group acknowledged potential risks but said it is unethical and harmful to withhold early treatment.

If this is done than those doing it may face major legal problem. We'll have to see what happens. 

10 hours ago, weirdcritter said:

If biology isnt too important, why do you have to have all these workarounds to overcome biology? 

I have decided to identify as a 6ft 9 in African-American who can perform windmill dunks.  I want to try for a basketball scholarship and eventually the NBA.  The fact I am a 5/8 white dude with no practical basketball skills shouldn't matter?  Hey, my feelings will be hurt.  Everybody and everything needs to adapt around me.  Right?  Well no, I accept my biological/genetic limitations while being able to celebrate their chromosomal advantages.

Uterine transplants have occurred.  Some woman have even grown babies in these transplants.  Nothing about the process is even remotely natural.  From implanting the embryo to extracting the uterus so the baby can be born.  I suppose you could transplant a uterus into a man.  Still not even remotely natural.  Remember, men can't produce eggs.  Probably a lots of risks to the baby..all the added sythetic hormones and anti- rejection drugs.   But, hey, what's the big deal of sacrificing one human so another human can feel good about themselves.

I get it.  You want the world to conform to your view.  Biology is not plug and play...no matter how you wish it to be.  You want to create a synthetic world.

So, you willing to pay for my hair transplants?  My own damn biology is getting in the way of my happiness.

I will address mostly Dedicated Christians here or those who wish to have a dedicated Christian opinion from years of biblical study.

1.  God loves all creation which includes every living thing on this planet and has left a plan for them to multiply and fill the earth with His goals of love and the procreation of all life in His original plans, as he created them, not as Satan has changed them.

2.  Satan loves them too but for the reason of consuming and eventually destroying them.

3.   Now, children who are born with anything unusual have been altered from His original plan.  It is NOT their fault but somewhere back in their lineage, something was changed due to erroneous environmental changes or inflicted changes in the human makeup.  Read #2.  I caused a real rumpus at a church I was attending because they were teaching the idea that God was punishing them for former sin.  Absolutely NOT!!  I will never sit quietly while anyone says this about Yahweh/Jehovah.  He wants us to succeed.

4.  God does not do bad things, or encourage bad things, for His children.  If something is out of kilter, then Satan is to blame with something he has convinced humans to do against God, and it could have been a LONG time ago.  This is where our own intellect should lead us in ways to love, yet work to change the fate of those who have been afflicted by someone else's sin.  This is the job of a dedicated Christian.  We are here to KEEP God's creation, not to destroy or change it.  It was perfect when created and all we had to do was follow the pattern and directions.

5.  Now that we are suffering so much in this world, and I hear people blaming God for it, He gave us FREEDOM to live our human lives as we choose with success or allowing failure to affect our lives/earth.  However He has left guidance which MAN/SATAN has termed RESTRICTIVE PUNISHING RULES.  His guidance is God's word to guide His people, not to condemn them.  Since He's not directly punishing them as they risk moving away from His word, they think it doesn't matter and continue, not realizing or caring that what they are doing will afflict the rest of humanity in their wake.  Thus we have come to the mess that we are in today.  It is cumulative!

6.  We are commanded to love and value all of "God's" Creation, not that which has come via Satan and his followers.  To do that, we must study to show ourselves approved unto God, workmen who need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth, thus perfecting the earth, our lives and the future we leave behind us.

7.  God never intended children to be born imperfect!  Regardless of when children are born with afflictions, they are treasures to be loved and encouraged in a good life following God as closely as they are able.  Godly parents come to know that this child was a specific gift of love from God with injuries not of their own making.  Godly parents will grow in the admonition and love of God as they care for these beloved of God.  Ungodly parents may grow also, but if they don't understand why they should be considered blessed with the opportunity to bless this child back to God's own Creation, they may not enjoy the best of God's blessing for themselves.

8.  Children who are born with unnatural sexual urges, mental problems or imperfectly functioning bodies are victims, not curses.  They need someone to nurture them through their lives into the best blessings that they can be in God's plans.  Without God's guidance, that can be an almost impossible job.  Those parents can bow to Satan and the world and leave them without guidance and love from God, and again the children will simply suffer.  It's a problem created by thousands of years of disobedience to grow and repair with love those who have been born with afflictions not of their parents or possibly even ancestral decisions.  These children and their families need to have the strength gathered from God's guidance, true followers, a loving religious community and a church family or supporters to improve the lot left to them.

9.  And you wanted to know what's wrong with our current world?  We voluntarily deviated from God's pattern from the time of Eve, but it is in our power with God's wisdom and guidance to improve it one step at a time if we believe and are faithful.

10.  You cannot dance around the truth which simply causes confusion and never an answer to the problem.  We seem to think that unless we can make it the way WE want it NOW, then it isn't worth any sacrifice on our part.  Note, the war between God and Satan and the results that we live in and suffer from.  Satan loves a perpetual argument that goes nowhere and never comes to a positive answer.  Case closed.

11. If you want guidance and answers, then find a fundamental, bible following church, make friends with Christians who can be trusted to help guide you, study the Bible so you can figure out the truth on your own, give your problems, actions and future to God and He will guide you to a love without limits and with understanding.

12.  Again, this is MY opinion and I've never found God to be at fault.  It's always something that I, myself slipped up on.  Bad is a fault that I didn't work to rectify.  Good is working every day to right everything possible to the Glory of God's kingdom.  

10 hours ago, Illiterate said:

If biology isnt too important, why do you have to have all these workarounds to overcome biology? 

I have decided to identify as a 6ft 9 in African-American who can perform windmill dunks.  I want to try for a basketball scholarship and eventually the NBA.  The fact I am a 5/8 white dude with no practical basketball skills shouldn't matter?  Hey, my feelings will be hurt.  Everybody and everything needs to adapt around me.  Right?  Well no, I accept my biological/genetic limitations while being able to celebrate their chromosomal advantages.

Uterine transplants have occurred.  Some woman have even grown babies in these transplants.  Nothing about the process is even remotely natural.  From implanting the embryo to extracting the uterus so the baby can be born.  I suppose you could transplant a uterus into a man.  Still not even remotely natural.  Remember, men can't produce eggs.  Probably a lots of risks to the baby..all the added sythetic hormones and anti- rejection drugs.   But, hey, what's the big deal of sacrificing one human so another human can feel good about themselves.

I get it.  You want the world to conform to your view.  Biology is not plug and play...no matter how you wish it to be.  You want to create a synthetic world.

So, you willing to pay for my hair transplants?  My own damn biology is getting in the way of my happiness.

Changing a few inches of flesh to fit how your brain wants to see your body, comparing that to adding feet of height, reversing age, and changing your race...Come on, You are one of the more intelligent posters here. That is a stupid, flimsy argument that is way beneath you. If you and others honestly don't believe it is impossible for a male to sincerely wish to female, or a female to sincerely wish to be a male, then say it. Don't embarrass yourself with such inane tripe. I suspect there are a lot of people on here who have tried on a dress out of curiosity, rather liked the feeling, took it off and never thought about again until this trans issue comes up. Then they panic and wonder, "what if I liked the dress because I am really a woman! That cannot be! Ban the trans!" Well, maybe you liked the dress because you're really Scotch and your parents never told you.

The reason I mentioned uterus transplants isn't because I imagined transwomen getting  pregnant. if the uterus functioned properly it would be the source of female hormones. No more shots of synthetic hormones. Same with a transman getting a penis and testes. The testes would naturally produce testosterone and the added penis would allow the transman to amble up to the urinal and pizz (the preferred spelling here, apparently) like any other man. If transfolk want to have babies, frozen eggs from the presurgery transman, frozen sperm from the presurgery transwoman mixed to grow in an extrauterine device and you have a happy baby with two loving (one hopes) transparents. (which I understand is the name of a TV show).  That of course will be decades in the future. 

If you're concerned about tax money being spent on gender confirming surgery as its called, there are several foundations that will pay for that. Your tax dollars, therefore, will go toward buying private yachts, helicopters and jets for business tycoons who need them for business, and who can then get a tax write-off on them later, just as God intended. 

To deal with the unhappiness you feel over your male pattern baldness, call this number tomorrow. You will surely find help: (814)375-6379.

I don't know whether I want to create a synthetic world, but I would like to see a world where people are free to pursue their own happiness as long as they don't hurt others in doing so, where bullies are not tolerated, where all individuals are treated as equals, without regard to status or wealth, and where people are ruled by law, not the powerful, and where leaders in any field exist to serve the people under them.

Now, full disclosure: When I was eight I saw some of my sister's panties laying in a drawer. Out of curiosity I tried one on.  As soon as I did I felt very weird, very uncomfortable. Didn't like it. Pulled them off and never did anything like that again. So I can safely say I am not at all inclined to being trans. 😁😜