GoDuBois.com

Neighbors?

Petee

If you had your druthers, then would you choose quiet religious/Conservative neighbors/children or would you want a neighborhood of adults and children raised as entitled, spoiled hoodlums all around your home?  Overall, would you want a well-adjusted neighborhood to live in the midst of or whatever else could be events around you that smell of WOKE?

24 minutes ago, Petee said:

If you had your druthers, then would you choose quiet religious/Conservative neighbors/children or would you want a neighborhood of adults and children raised as entitled, spoiled hoodlums all around your home?  Overall, would you want a well-adjusted neighborhood to live in the midst of or whatever else could be events around you that smell of WOKE?

Yiu really need to to further define what you mean by christian and conservative. Define entitled, hoodlums, and even woke.  Interesting that you somehow put entitled and hoodlum together.  I wkuld be willing to bet your definitions would differ from mine.

58 minutes ago, Petee said:

Well, let's start with this one which is what I would generally think of as Christian Conservatives.

image.png

I would have preferred something in your own words.  Nothing here really defined.  More like slogans.  I can easily intepret any of those 7 slogans into a liberal concept.  Even among conservatives, I you asked each to state what each of those tenets mean, you will get a vast array of answers.

Back to your original question of the makeup of your ideal neighborhood, the more correct way of stating your question would be along the lines of 'would you really have neighbors that think like you do or neighbors that have different views'?

Back when I was living in a house I wanted neighbors who would mind their own business, not have loud parties in the middle of the night, and if their kids were hoodlums I wanted them to keep their hoodlum ways off of my property. I was lucky. All my neighbors were nearly perfect and I have no idea whether they were Christian or not, conservative or not.

I would want all my neighbors (and everyone's neighbors) to be true followers of Christ.  One could reasonably assume that even an atheist would want the same. For example, imagine if everyone followed just 3 of the 10 commandments thereby never stealing, never telling a lie, and never killing anyone. Similarly, imagine if all your "neighbors" (since neighbors is the subject) followed the Biblical "Golden Rule" “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you".  These are the kind "neighbors" I would want in my neighborhood and in everyone else's neighborhood.  

7 hours ago, Deer Runner said:

I would want all my neighbors (and everyone's neighbors) to be true followers of Christ.  One could reasonably assume that even an atheist would want the same. For example, imagine if everyone followed just 3 of the 10 commandments thereby never stealing, never telling a lie, and never killing anyone. Similarly, imagine if all your "neighbors" (since neighbors is the subject) followed the Biblical "Golden Rule" “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you".  These are the kind "neighbors" I would want in my neighborhood and in everyone else's neighborhood.  

You are exactly correct!!

20 hours ago, Deer Runner said:

Runner, you have been making excellent posts I am glad you are here,  I am not a religious person but I believe there are plenty of non religious people who would make a good neighbor just like a religious person. 

2 hours ago, fedup said:

Runner, you have been making excellent posts I am glad you are here,  I am not a religious person but I believe there are plenty of non religious people who would make a good neighbor just like a religious person. 

Thank you for the kind words! Based on your posts, it seems that you place a high value on freedom and truth. Toward that, I promise you that knowing God and following Jesus would bring more freedom and truth into your life than anything else that you have pursued up until this point. Contrary to the world view, God wants us to be free!

You are completely correct!  God gave us freedom and also guidance to help make that freedom continual.  We have the freedom to grow, multiply and enjoy the fruits of our efforts.  We are also warned of the problems/destruction of not following His guidance.  Earth is not a cage where we would be controlled and fruitless, it's a wilderness of wonders which we can use endlessly and within reasonable limits.

Someone who follows maps well will probably have a great journey and arrive at the destination full of the knowledge and experiences of the journey.  Those who are careless or defiant will arrive but with all kinds of pain and problems instead of the good things that were intended for God's children.  It's our choice what we get from our freedom.

You can't grow without assets.  What we do with them is our own decision, it's not God's punishment.

On 12/31/2022 at 11:23 AM, Deer Runner said:

I would rather live beside a gay couple, quietly raising their trans daughter than some bible-thumper constantly telling me how I should lead my life according to his version of how to be a true christian.

Werent the 10 commandments given to the Jews?

14 minutes ago, Illiterate said:

I would rather live beside a gay couple, quietly raising their trans daughter than some bible-thumper constantly telling me how I should lead my life according to his version of how to be a true christian.

Werent the 10 commandments given to the Jews?

A true Christian would not do what you described. I would not want to live near that person either! The 10 commandments were given to the nation of Israel, then are summarized and repeated by Jesus in the New Testament thereby fulfilling those of the Old Testament. However, God recognized that, by virtue of us being sinners, no one can perfectly obey the 10 Commandments, and are thereby in need of Gods perfect and perpetual Mercy and Grace that can only be found by the acceptance, faith and following of Jesus Christ!