GoDuBois.com

Wow simply wow

Pappy

17 minutes ago, Polo said:

It's really sad.  The poor guy has trouble gathering his thoughts.  I don't think he should be in office right now, but recovering.  I think the Dems just wanted to put anyone in there rather than lose to a Republican.

Fetterman, like Biden.....was installed by the Democratic Party.  They're both "controllable".

As a person who has been brain damaged from birth-bicameral dystaxia for those in the know-I find the attitude by many here toward those of us who have suffered speech problems to be extremely ignorant. This thread reminds me of what I had to endure at DuBois Middle School way back in the late 60's. Times have not changed so much. Damage to some parts of the brain such as the cerebellum, which is where the brain controls muscles including the tongue, does not necessarily affect the cerebral cortex. When I am stressed out or tired I am sure I sound a lot like Fetterman in this clip. The problems he has speaking has nothing to do with his ability to think or work in the Senate. When people first hear me speak, they usually assume I am a foreigner, gay or mentally challenged, none of which is true, though these accusations have made me very sensitive to what each of these groups face in this country, particularly in these parts. How was Moses described in the Bible? Halt of speech? If Moses did exist and had a halting manner of speaking similar to what Fetterman and I have, then I think John Fetterman and I are in excellent company. 

Two of the nastiest things said to me in middle school were :

"Spit that s**t out of your mouth so I can understand you"

and 

"Take that donkey d**k out of your mouth so I can understand you."

If anyone said these type of things to Fetterman on a call-in show on C-Span, the national blowback would be tremendous. Even from conservative media. 

I also find it odd that people talk about the problems Fetterman and Biden have without mentioning the Texan who ran for Senate in Georgia during the last election, despite his showing signs of CTE, a common problem for men in his former profession. 
Now, what's the "H" word that people like to throw around here? Second letter is a "y"....

8 hours ago, Polo said:

It's really sad.  The poor guy has trouble gathering his thoughts.  I don't think he should be in office right now, but recovering.  I think the Dems just wanted to put anyone in there rather than lose to a Republican.

The big question here is why would the Republicans run a quack TV doctor who lives in New Jersey to run for Senate in Pennsylvania? To me Oz never seemed particularly conservative, The Pennsylvania Republicans just wanted to go for a celebrity candidates. So couldn't they find a suitable home-grown celebrity candidate without New Joisey's Oz's baggage. Not complaining, but it does seem odd. 

3 hours ago, weirdcritter said:

The big question here is why would the Republicans run a quack TV doctor who lives in New Jersey to run for Senate in Pennsylvania? To me Oz never seemed particularly conservative, The Pennsylvania Republicans just wanted to go for a celebrity candidates. So couldn't they find a suitable home-grown celebrity candidate without New Joisey's Oz's baggage. Not complaining, but it does seem odd. 

I agree Oz was not a good choice but Fetterman definitely was not. He shouldn't even be crossing guard

2 hours ago, weirdcritter said:

I also find it odd that people talk about the problems Fetterman and Biden have without mentioning the Texan who ran for Senate in Georgia during the last election, despite his showing signs of CTE, a common problem for men in his former profession. 
Now, what's the "H" word that people like to throw around here? Second letter is a "y"....

sorry I don't live in Georgia so I have no idea who you are speaking of nor do I want to google it

2 hours ago, weirdcritter said:

As a person who has been brain damaged from birth-bicameral dystaxia for those in the know-I find the attitude by many here toward those of us who have suffered speech problems to be extremely ignorant. This thread reminds me of what I had to endure at DuBois Middle School way back in the late 60's. Times have not changed so much. Damage to some parts of the brain such as the cerebellum, which is where the brain controls muscles including the tongue, does not necessarily affect the cerebral cortex. When I am stressed out or tired I am sure I sound a lot like Fetterman in this clip. The problems he has speaking has nothing to do with his ability to think or work in the Senate. When people first hear me speak, they usually assume I am a foreigner, gay or mentally challenged, none of which is true, though these accusations have made me very sensitive to what each of these groups face in this country, particularly in these parts. How was Moses described in the Bible? Halt of speech? If Moses did exist and had a halting manner of speaking similar to what Fetterman and I have, then I think John Fetterman and I are in excellent company. 

and 

If anyone said these type of things to Fetterman on a call-in show on C-Span, the national blowback would be tremendous. Even from conservative media. 

He did not have a speech impediment since birth he had a stroke a very big difference and I believe it also involves his ability to think.  BTW I also have dyslexia/ and a slight stutter who was also told on occasion to spit it out and am also a registered Democrat but not a person who votes straight Democrat. I vote for who is best in my opinion but the last couple years it has never been for a  Democrat in any race.

13 hours ago, Polo said:

The person who has recently been show in White House photos is not Biden.  It is his stand in who is capable of appearing perfectly in charge.  This guy is healthier, a little heavier and has better color in his face.  He also speaks strongly and is legible.

I don't think anyone here is making fun of Fettermens condition. The problem is the Liberals in the DNC and the families of Fettermen and Biden. Both groups have no problem in parading people with issues/conditions for sympathy votes. It is not these peoples fault that they have issues/conditions that will not allow them to be the best they can be. It is sickening that Liberals are willing to use these people like they are. 

If this is the best you have, go home sit down and shut the hell up and let people who care run this country. 

On 1/10/2023 at 7:36 PM, weirdcritter said:

I wasn't impressed with him either.  Yes, they should have had someone better.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:22 PM, weirdcritter said:

and 

I was certainly not making fun.  I just feel that Fetterman needs more time to recover.  I'm sorry that you were mistreated because of your condition.  That is awful and plain wrong.

1 hour ago, Polo said:

Until there are educated voters who vote out properly conducted election information, stupid stuff like this will be pushed in illicit agendas, regardless of whether it is good for the candidate or the country.  This poor man who apparently has a good heart was led into the ring like the fattened goat.  It hurts him and his family just as much as it hurts the country, but then that was the purpose.

2 hours ago, Petee said:

Until there are educated voters who vote out properly conducted election information, stupid stuff like this will be pushed in illicit agendas, regardless of whether it is good for the candidate or the country.  This poor man who apparently has a good heart was led into the ring like the fattened goat.  It hurts him and his family just as much as it hurts the country, but then that was the purpose.

And this will never stop because those that use others are never punished for their actions.

2 hours ago, Polo said:

Face the facts, there is no one better. A better human being would not be part of this garbage called "elect your leaders".

The two party dictatorship has made a mockery of a process that changed the world when it began. 

3 hours ago, Petee said:

That problem is that there are not enough federally funded debates involving candidates, with strict rules of engagement.  I would like to see actual debate teams from reputable colleges as well to fairly and peacefully bring out subjects with educational material at the heart of the debate.  There has to be proper education that can overcome the lies and greed that has been going on, but without trying, nothing but loss will be accomplished.

So either give up, shut up and roll over,  or man up and show your brains and heart if you want to win.

On 1/12/2023 at 3:49 PM, Petee said:

That problem is that there are not enough federally funded debates involving candidates, with strict rules of engagement.  I would like to see actual debate teams from reputable colleges as well to fairly and peacefully bring out subjects with educational material at the heart of the debate.  There has to be proper education that can overcome the lies and greed that has been going on, but without trying, nothing but loss will be accomplished.

So either give up, shut up and roll over,  or man up and show your brains and heart if you want to win.

reputable colleges??????????

Produce Liberals and liberals have no idea how to debate anything. They are the smartest people in the world and they know everything and have all the answers. 

14 hours ago, fedup said:

reputable colleges??????????

Produce Liberals and liberals have no idea how to debate anything. They are the smartest people in the world and they know everything and have all the answers. 

Then let them show their ignorance before the public and let the public decide, but use a properly set up debate forum, not some rinky dink whatever that was used in the past.

10 hours ago, Petee said:

Then let them show their ignorance before the public and let the public decide, but use a properly set up debate forum, not some rinky dink whatever that was used in the past.

the public and let the public decide,

If you are ignorant, you lack the ability to recognize ignorance.