GoDuBois.com

STAY AWAY

fedup

LIBERALS, STAY AWAY

Don't come here and continue to screw this country with your Liberal bullsh1t. 

New Yorkers abandoning their state in record numbers for sunny climates, low taxes of Florida: report

Nearly 65,000 New Yorkers transferred their driver's licenses to Florida in 2022, suggesting they're staying for the long haul

Census data showed that Florida was the fastest-growing state in the Union last year, and a whopping 64,577 of driver's license transfers came from the Empire State, the New York Post reported citing the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.

License transfers are a reliable metric to track migration because they suggest a lasting decision to relocate, the Post reported.

Last year's number shattered the previous record of 61,728 New York residents who moved to Florida in 2021, according to the data. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-estate/new-yorkers-abandoning-state-record-numbers-sunny-climates-low-taxes-florida-report

DeSantis’ proposal would make permanent a handful of policies that were temporarily already in place, including banning mask mandates, Covid-19 vaccine mandates in schools, Covid-19 passports and prohibiting employers from making hiring and firing decisions based on vaccine status.

DeSantis also wants lawmakers to pass legislation that “protects medical professionals’ freedom of speech,” a direct reply to legislation recently signed into law in California by Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom, a regular political foe for DeSantis. The California law would make spreading misleading medical information about the Covid-19 vaccine a type of “unprofessional conduct” and subject to punishment by the state’s medical board.

People do not uproot themselves and leave the rhythms of home “for light and transient causes.” People are not coming to Florida just for the weather. They are fleeing the woke regime of blue America.

Editor’s Note – This essay was originally published at American Mind.

On election night, I was half-watching Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’s victory remarks when something quite extraordinary and encouraging caught my attention. DeSantis evoked Churchill’s “fighting on the beaches” speech, in which Churchill stirred the resolve and patriotism of the British people in anticipation of the invasion of their homeland by the Nazis. DeSantis, of course, was not warning against Nazism: he was warning against wokeism, which he was implicitly equating with Nazism. I had never heard a national political figure treat wokeism with such (deserved) gravity.

Before rephrasing Churchill, DeSantis said:

States and cities governed by leftist politicians have seen crime skyrocket. They’ve seen their taxpayers abused, they’ve seen medical authoritarianism imposed, and they’ve seen American principles discarded. The woke agenda has caused millions of Americans to leave these jurisdictions for greener pastures.

People do not uproot themselves and leave the rhythms of home “for light and transient causes.” These people are not coming to Florida just for the weather. They are fleeing the woke regime of blue America—an abusive, lawless, totalitarian regime which is waging war against American principles and the American way of life.

DeSantis continued:

Now, this great exodus of Americans, for those folks, Florida, for so many of them, has served as the promised land. We have embraced freedom. We have maintained law and order. We have protected the rights of parents. We have respected our taxpayers, and we reject woke ideology. We fight the woke in the legislature. We fight the woke in the schools. We fight the woke in the corporations. We will never, ever surrender to the woke mob. Florida is where woke goes to die.

Long political read/opinion? ---------->

https://tomklingenstein.com/desantis-goes-to-war/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyKr0surY_AIVDBbUAR22MQ6CEAMYASAAEgLlF_D_BwE

I like what Governor DeSantis stands for, but I'm sorry to say you can have Florida!  It's nice to visit, but too hot and humid for me.  I like the change of season and weather.  I still feel safer here in PA out in the hill country.  Too many hurricanes, fires, and flooding in the southern states.