GoDuBois.com

Blvd pavillion

Harvey Mungaknuts

1 hour ago, Harvey Mungaknuts said:

Anyone see the new "DuBois" pitnup on the pavilion above the water falls?

Seems like it takes away from the whole thing.  Almost overkill.

Pitnup  .....  Not following you there.   I take it to mean a sign that reads "DuBois" ???   Anyone got a pic of this?

I saw them putting it up today.  It's big white letters that are right on the edge of the pavilion roof.  I wish they would consult with some of the citizens before they do this stuff.  There might be better options.  It looks like maybe they might light up maybe.

It feels like the same idea of putting a giant granite marker up at the Luigi's parking lot that looked like a cemetery headstone.  It was so bad that they moved it down onto Jared Street to the United Way Building.  Again, there might have been a better option.

First, all walls need to be same color.  Second, the waterfall does not fit with the walls, or the location (looks completely unnatural/contrived).  Third, the pavilion is a nice touch in that location, and you do have a nice view of the town from that perspective.  The sign?  no comment!

This is just my 2 cents, but its hard to access the situation when it is in a state of ongoing construction.  My thought would be to wait until the whole thing is done and everything is tied together, then form your opinion.  This work was not started lightly, and I'm sure it was a long process in the works before ground was ever broken.  I'm sure a lot of thought and planning went into this.  I'm sure the folks planning it feel that the end result will be spectacular.   We should all just wait until its done, then we can all decide for ourselves.  

7 hours ago, Bon said:

By the title name, I thought this was a post about the Boulevard & the park area. Title should be Rt 255 & The Boulevard. 

The area where they built all of this stuff is a City Park for which they get money from the state.

2 hours ago, Harvey Mungaknuts said:

On a slightly side note.  Why are they brush hogging all along the railroad  tracks and swamp. Leaving tall stumps and just wood clutter all over

2 hours ago, Harvey Mungaknuts said:

On a slightly side note.  Why are they brush hogging all along the railroad  tracks and swamp. Leaving tall stumps and just wood clutter all over

Maybe they are going to sell some land along there, or maybe they are just cleaning it up which would be nice.  All the junk brush growing in the trees is very hard on any quality trees that may be growing in there.  Neatness and simplicity go a long way to making an area look better.

The way the trees are planted is a major problem, but when they were contacted to properly replant a tree that they planted elsewhere, they simply refused.  The purchaser had to dig it up and correct the problem themselves.  I don't think he is amenable to discussion or correction.

There were so many excellent healthy trees that should have been incorporated into the new design, and they would have been proven winners.  Too late, they're landfill now.

1 hour ago, dubois_15801 said:

A week ago we rolled into DuBois for a late dinner at the Post and saw that new "DUBOIS" sign at the waterfall.   The old lady said "Wow, that's nice!"   I said, "Can they make DuBois any more ghetto-like?"

That's life isn't it. What one person might think is great someone else thinks it's terrible. My wife likes it. I don't mind it. 

6 hours ago, dubois_15801 said:

A week ago we rolled into DuBois for a late dinner at the Post and saw that new "DUBOIS" sign at the waterfall.   The old lady said "Wow, that's nice!"   I said, "Can they make DuBois any more ghetto-like?"

I'm with you. 

On 3/17/2023 at 7:44 PM, Harvey Mungaknuts said:

Far from neatness.  Trees are butchered

Yes. The trees are being shredded. Limbs look look they were were just pulled off the still standing trees, stumps look the same. A lot of the trees left probably won’t be very healthy. 

Who’s idea was it to do it that way and who is doing the “clearing”.?

On 3/27/2023 at 3:40 PM, disgruntled said:

I am not a fan of the pavilion or the sign.  Personally, I think it detracts from the area.    

It could have been a nice addition had it been done with style and artistically instead of like a carnival sign.  It would also have been nice to see it as a new name agreed on by those who live over the entire area, honoring our history instead of as a GOTCHA!