GoDuBois.com

Funny State Police story that just happened

Pappy

We just had a visit by two State Police officers. They came to do a welfare check. Apparently they could not tell us exactly what had happened at first. Then they told us where the incident happened and then my wife knew what was going on.

My Granddaughter had ran into my sons stomach with her head and he doubled over and called her a brat. He may have used the f-word also and then after he stood up he went outside and helped an older lady put her groceries in her car while my wife finished and then checked out. My son can be quite loud as can I

They went to our car and in the parking lot and drove home. It wasn't more than 10 minutes later that two State Police cars rolled into the driveway and then knocked on the door. My wife had not even had a chance to put the groceries away and I had just gotten one bite out of my supper.

That is a heck of a response time considering this happened in the old Mikes Comet store and we live in Brockway. Kudos to them for following up so quickly.

At first they said their there was an incident with my sons white car but that had never left the driveway. Then the other officer said no it was this car with that plate, so they knew the plate and asked who was driving which my wife said she was.

Eventually they said their was yelling and screaming in the parking lot and someone was left in the parking lot etc. The problem was that nothing happened in the parking lot and the only thing that happened was an 8 year old girl who thought she was a wrestler or football player and used her head as a battering ram in the store knocking the wind out of her father lol. 

The state police were getting info third hand and they really did not know anything actually. They were extremely nice and my Granddaughter came out on said why are they here, innocently. I was actually laughing.

Also to give some context on my attire having just woke up from the couch when the dogs started barking when my wife got home. 

I came to the door with only my shorts on when I went to see who my wife was talking to and I had a chicken leg from Popeyes in one hand and a plate in the other with a chicken breast on it.

So there I am eating my chicken and starting to freeze as I asked in between bites what is the problem with my car. My hair standing straight up and my big gut exposed and pale white skinny ass legs. LOL.

I must have looked like one those typical rednecks you see on that COPS show. The only thing that would have been funnier is if I would have farted and then scratched my balls and then yep Hillbilly Redneck.

At first one car then it was the other and my wife thinking she they thought she was in an accident and then left hitting someone with her car backing up or something. We had everyone come to the door to make sure everyone was ok  so welfare check completed.

I did thank them for following up and checking because they were just doing their jobs. We were actually laughing about the situation. Like I said the officers were extremely friendly and lo and behold my dogs were were not acting all crazy and barking to loud. They probably thought oh crap the cops cheese it with the barking. Our mountain dog did manage to slip her head slightly out the door to get a peak.

Now for those that wonder where I got  Popeyes chicken well my wife, son and Granddaughter went to Kraynack's in Sharon PA to see the Easter display so I got the leftovers haha

Now it was funnier in person than how I described it but you know the saying you had to be there.

To the Karen who called brrrrrrrrp.     That's my best raspberry. I would hate to be their neighbors.

2 hours ago, Gator11 said:

We just had a visit by two State Police officers. They came to do a welfare check. Apparently they could not tell us exactly what had happened at first. Then they told us where the incident happened and then my wife knew what was going on.

My Granddaughter had ran into my sons stomach with her head and he doubled over and called her a brat. He may have used the f-word also and then after he stood up he went outside and helped an older lady put her groceries in her car while my wife finished and then checked out. My son can be quite loud as can I

They went to our car and in the parking lot and drove home. It wasn't more than 10 minutes later that two State Police cars rolled into the driveway and then knocked on the door. My wife had not even had a chance to put the groceries away and I had just gotten one bite out of my supper.

That is a heck of a response time considering this happened in the old Mikes Comet store and we live in Brockway. Kudos to them for following up so quickly.

At first they said their there was an incident with my sons white car but that had never left the driveway. Then the other officer said no it was this car with that plate, so they knew the plate and asked who was driving which my wife said she was.

Eventually they said their was yelling and screaming in the parking lot and someone was left in the parking lot etc. The problem was that nothing happened in the parking lot and the only thing that happened was an 8 year old girl who thought she was a wrestler or football player and used her head as a battering ram in the store knocking the wind out of her father lol. 

The state police were getting info third hand and they really did not know anything actually. They were extremely nice and my Granddaughter came out on said why are they here, innocently. I was actually laughing.

Also to give some context on my attire having just woke up from the couch when the dogs started barking when my wife got home. 

I came to the door with only my shorts on when I went to see who my wife was talking to and I had a chicken leg from Popeyes in one hand and a plate in the other with a chicken breast on it.

So there I am eating my chicken and starting to freeze as I asked in between bites what is the problem with my car. My hair standing straight up and my big gut exposed and pale white skinny ass legs. LOL.

I must have looked like one those typical rednecks you see on that COPS show. The only thing that would have been funnier is if I would have farted and then scratched my balls and then yep Hillbilly Redneck.

At first one car then it was the other and my wife thinking she they thought she was in an accident and then left hitting someone with her car backing up or something. We had everyone come to the door to make sure everyone was ok  so welfare check completed.

I did thank them for following up and checking because they were just doing their jobs. We were actually laughing about the situation. Like I said the officers were extremely friendly and lo and behold my dogs were were not acting all crazy and barking to loud. They probably thought oh crap the cops cheese it with the barking. Our mountain dog did manage to slip her head slightly out the door to get a peak.

Now for those that wonder where I got  Popeyes chicken well my wife, son and Granddaughter went to Kraynack's in Sharon PA to see the Easter display so I got the leftovers haha

Now it was funnier in person than how I described it but you know the saying you had to be there.

To the Karen who called brrrrrrrrp.     That's my best raspberry. I would hate to be their neighbors.

That's one good things about living in the slums.......uh, Sandy!  Fewer neighbors.

1 hour ago, Petee said:

That's one good things about living in the slums.......uh, Sandy!  Fewer neighbors.

I live out of town also and very few neighbors. This happened when my wife stopped at the store in Brookville. She told me she will never go back there.

Sorry you went through all that, but good to hear about the great response time.  I was in town years back, when my teenage child was at home.  My kiddo mistakenly called 911 by hitting the emergency button then called me horrified to tell me that as I was on my way home.  When I got there, there was a police car in my driveway.  I told them what happened, but they insisted they needed to see my child to make sure all was well.  So I had them come in the house.  It was a quick response time then as well.  Good to know they would be there if I really needed them.  

11 hours ago, Polo said:

Sorry you went through all that, but good to hear about the great response time.  I was in town years back, when my teenage child was at home.  My kiddo mistakenly called 911 by hitting the emergency button then called me horrified to tell me that as I was on my way home.  When I got there, there was a police car in my driveway.  I told them what happened, but they insisted they needed to see my child to make sure all was well.  So I had them come in the house.  It was a quick response time then as well.  Good to know they would be there if I really needed them.  

It was not bad at all. I was glad they actually checked. In our area the police are always willing to help. I have always had great encounters with the police. Now big cities the police may not have even thought about following up.

Glad everything worked out for you also Polo

This is one reason I like living in a rural area. Great police response and they treat everyone as far as I have seen with respect especially the State Police. In fact my barber is a retired from the state police. Heck of a nice guy. I really enjoy talking to him every month when I go get my haircut

As long as they treat me with respect I will reciprocate it.

Now I know there are a few every now and then who get hired by different towns in our area who are not police officer material but they get weeded out eventually.

17 hours ago, Gator11 said:

It was not bad at all. I was glad they actually checked. In our area the police are always willing to help. I have always had great encounters with the police. Now big cities the police may not have even thought about following up.

Glad everything worked out for you also Polo

This is one reason I like living in a rural area. Great police response and they treat everyone as far as I have seen with respect especially the State Police. In fact my barber is a retired from the state police. Heck of a nice guy. I really enjoy talking to him every month when I go get my haircut

As long as they treat me with respect I will reciprocate it.

Now I know there are a few every now and then who get hired by different towns in our area who are not police officer material but they get weeded out eventually.

Just recently I had another shopper at Hometown(Mike's) check on me.   I've been suffering from neck and back problems for past couple months, and happened to need a breather, leaning against an aisle with tears coming out of my eyes from the pain.   She asked if I needed 911, which I declined and told her the situation.  

I personally would rather my "neighbors" see if I'm okay than not.   It could have been a different situation that day.

3 hours ago, dubois_15801 said:

Just recently I had another shopper at Hometown(Mike's) check on me.   I've been suffering from neck and back problems for past couple months, and happened to need a breather, leaning against an aisle with tears coming out of my eyes from the pain.   She asked if I needed 911, which I declined and told her the situation.  

I personally would rather my "neighbors" see if I'm okay than not.   It could have been a different situation that day.

Amen to good neighbors, friends and even strangers!

On 3/12/2023 at 8:45 PM, Gator11 said:

I live out of town also and very few neighbors. This happened when my wife stopped at the store in Brookville. She told me she will never go back there.

Key word is Brookville. The facts are often twisted there. 

Brookville and Jefferson County are still very close people unlike most other counties that have become divided by society.  Now I'm, not supporting that in police or government matters, but I work there with the public and can see it all the time.  That alone does not make them bad.  They have their share of nutcases also.  But in all, the natives there are very nice people.  It's beautiful clean farming country, certainly not a slum.