GoDuBois.com

New Forum?

Dodgeman

Come on Dodge. Jmbeck and I are running out of insults to throw back and fourth at each other.

We need a good spook story to kick things off.

maybe they're there... we just cant see them... (ok, that was used already... seriously... anything???)

In the book Daniel Boone: The Life and Legend of an American Pioneer (1992), the author claims Boone told of killing a ten-foot, hairy giant he called a Yahoo. The name has likely corrupted by nearly 200 years of telling and retelling and varies from Yahoo, Yeahoh.

Was Boone referring to a Bigfoot? If so it would mean that the early pioneer settlers and explorers of Kentucky would have likely been the first white men to set eyes on these elusive creatures.

When searching Daniel Boone/Bigfoot there is not much found on this subject but in a documentary style video titled The Kentucky Wildman, the Mystery of Panther Rock The video also takes you along to a visit of Daniel Boone's grave site in Kentucky.  

:shok::shok:

Guest Roger Natti

So, we're going to start this off with bigfoot?  OK, fine, I'll monitor as I'ver never seen one and have nothing to contribute.  When we get to UFOs it will be a different story.  I saw and reported one back in the summer of 1964 or 1965.  The paper (Courier-Express) even covered the story with a small (mocking, in bold type) article on the front page.

So, we're going to start this off with bigfoot?  OK, fine, I'll monitor as I'ver never seen one and have nothing to contribute.  When we get to UFOs it will be a different story.  I saw and reported one back in the summer of 1964 or 1965.  The paper (Courier-Express) even covered the story with a small (mocking, in bold type) article on the front page.

I would rather hear about local UFO's.  There has already been so much about bigfoot written.  Please tell you story.

When I was 17 abunch of us were just out riding around one night...someone had to go to the bathroom..so we stopped up what is now Christ the King.we were walking to get into the high grass and saw lights in a circle blinking slowly.  We walked a little closer and it was a large metal circular object.  All I know is we got out of there fast...and I've never forgot the experience.

Guest Roger Natti

I would rather hear about local UFO's.  There has already been so much about bigfoot written.  Please tell you story.

Not too much to tell.  As I posted previously, it was the summer of '64 or '65 (if someone is really anal, they can check the newspaper archives for a front page article during the summer months of those years).  It was about 10:00 P.M.  A friend and I were standing in front of my house talking, munching pistachios and tossing the shells into the grass.  We saw a shape that appeared to be about a mile away, hovering approximately over the Sandy bridge.  We observed it for a few minutes before it slowly moved off and disappeared.  It was close (or large) enough that we were able to note ports or windows that appeared to extend completely around the 'vehicle.'  Its shape was close to the classic saucer-of-movies form --- round on top, disc-like in the center, and somewhat squared-off on the bottom.  It seemed metallic, but its color shifted between pink and blue and silver --- possibly, due to the effect of building, street or auto lights on the ground.  The craft was about 25-30 degrees above the horizon.  We detected no sound coming from the craft.  Could it have been the lighted cabin of a blimp?  Don't think so.

Not too much to tell.  As I posted previously, it was the summer of '64 or '65 (if someone is really anal, they can check the newspaper archives for a front page article during the summer months of those years).  It was about 10:00 P.M.  A friend and I were standing in front of my house talking, munching pistachios and tossing the shells into the grass.  We saw a shape that appeared to be about a mile away, hovering approximately over the Sandy bridge.  We observed it for a few minutes before it slowly moved off and disappeared.  It was close (or large) enough that we were able to note ports or windows that appeared to extend completely around the 'vehicle.'  Its shape was close to the classic saucer-of-movies form --- round on top, disc-like in the center, and somewhat squared-off on the bottom.  It seemed metallic, but its color shifted between pink and blue and silver --- possibly, due to the effect of building, street or auto lights on the ground.  The craft was about 25-30 degrees above the horizon.  We detected no sound coming from the craft.  Could it have been the lighted cabin of a blimp?  Don't think so.

thats awesome... ive always been interested in ufo stuff

When I moved to the Outer Banks of North Carolina for six months for my job...the small house I'd rented, had activity that led to an experience I'll not soon forget.  Mind you, I've not told many people about this...never even told my spouse or family about it....but if its a real ghost/poltergeist/paranormal experience you want to read about, then read on.

I'd rented a cute little 3 bedroom stilt/pier bungalow that sat right on NC 12 as you head north to Duck and Corolla.  It was but 10 minutes from the store, so it was perfect.  The price was right too so I rented it sight unseen.  It was a temporary rental, for the winter months.   I moved in, alone.  My husband and I had decided that I would do the six months that was required of me, and if we made it a permanent move, we'd find a permanent residence.

From the get go, I was not comfortable in the house.  I felt like I was being watched.  Upon returning to the house, I'd check every door and window, every closet.  I didn't know if I were looking for someone who was trying to break in, or something else.  But I couldn't stop doing that.  I HAD to check the whole house.  EVERY time.  I'd tried to write if off to living there all by myself, with no neighbors, because it was the off season, and no one was in any of the other homes, that were all vacation rentals....but that wasn't it.

I never slept well either.  I'd wake up in the middle of the night, toss and turn and try to get back to sleep.......it almost felt like someone did not want me in that house.

Then one night, it happened.   I was awakened from sleep by the sensation of a hand on my throat.  My first thought was someone had broken in, and I was in serious trouble....I knew where the light switch was on my nightstand, and I summoned all my strength, and threw myself, (literally) out of the bed, bounced off the wall, and hit the light switch on, as I came up.  There was NO ONE in the room....NO ONE.  I went in to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, sure enough, there were marks on my neck, that looked like a hand....

I went out to my living room, and got a white sage smudge that I had, and sea salt.  Lit the sage, and enclosed myself in a salt circle, and lit a single white candle.    I then addressed whomever it was, that I meant them no harm, and if they were upset with my being in the house, that I would leave, and to give me a sign if that's what they wanted, but I also  I told them I would not be living there very long, and that I wasn't going to change the house, or hurt the house, and that I liked it too, that it was pretty, and I could understand why they were protective of it, that I would be too.  I asked them to please leave, and not hurt me again.  I then prayed like I'd never prayed in my whole life.  This went on for about an hour or so......

Then, just like that, it felt like something 'lifted' off the whole house....the atmosphere was calmer, pleasant, and warmer.  I was able to sleep perfectly for the remainder of my time there....and I stopped checking all the closets and such upon coming home from work.  Not long after several guests from PA came down to visit for a few days, and all of them said what a wonderful little house it was.

Sadly the job did not pan out, and I ended up coming back home......in spite of the frightening event, I was sad to leave that little house.....I actually cried when I did leave, and I thanked that prior owner (my own conclusion based upon the whole experience) for allowing me to live there.  

I have been extremely sensitive to activity ever since.......

The little house on NC 12 is still there, and is a vacation rental.... and I'll give the name to anyone who would like to stay there.

Like I said at the beginning, this is the first time I've ever really told this story....didn't even tell my husband, or anyone else in my family..don't know why...just never did.....

• 2 months later...

I was all excited to post a story or 2 when I got home tonight but it wasn't up yet.  :-/  Roger there will be no debating the issues or mocking peoples stories, just a fun place to share experiences and unnatural events.  ;)

funny...I see a lot of mocking going on in the big foot/Rockton thread.

With posts like that, I see this forum dying quickly.

funny...I see a lot of mocking going on in the big foot/Rockton thread.

With posts like that, I see this forum dying quickly.

Well you know there's  always a troublemaker in the bunch. I don't care what some say, there's more chance of a bigfoot than a alien flying around the planet.  ::)

Well, I have some new experiences to share:

Recently some friends visited from Washington state.  We decided to go to Gettysburg.  I've never had so much activity around me in all my life.....

Our hotel room was haunted.  One night as we all were bedding in for the night, two of us distinctly heard a voice we did not recognize bid us 'goodnight'.

One of our party lost and found a silver chain at least twice.  Each time, we all saw her put it on, and never take it off, yet twice it mysterious left her neck, then re-materialized later on, in a place that it wasn't even near.

At the Jennie Wade house, a face peered out from the window in a photo I took....Wade is NOT highly thought of by any historians of the battle.

At the "Witness Tree" in town, a photo I thought would just show the tree, turned out to show some seriously weird light effects, and motions, and the photo is all kinds of distorted.  The photo before and after it are fine.

On a paranormal investigation we got a chance to participate in, contact was made with a spirit, who indicated he was a soldier with the Irish Brigade.  I took a photo while this was going on...a man can be seen silhouetted in the window, and he appears to have on the clothing a soldier of the period would wear.....

It was an incredible trip overall.....although the town because of the battle, is no doubt haunted, that's not the real reason to go...the history of the time, and remembrance should be the number one reason to visit.