GoDuBois.com

Haunted tunnel.  

Dodgeman

I love all things paranormal, so this would definitely intrigue me.  In warmer weather of course, because as much as I love ghosts and goblins, I love my toes more lol.

With all due respect, no one ever said I was actually going to investigate the cemeteries. IMO, I just thought it would be interesting to find out history on them and the history of Sabula. I am interested in the tunnels because of the things I saw and heard while I was there. Even if there is ever an investigation on a place, there is always permission gotten first. I do not just go poking around on someone elses property. I have respect for the living as well as the deceased.

Petee, I do apologize for calling you a sir, the name struck me as a male. I better check profiles next time.  :)  

You're not the first.  If you want history then certainly do it.  In the past there have been so many nut cases in cemeteries doing destruction and creating situations that we who have family cemeteries are very skittish about people being there after dark.  Not everyone is a history buff, some are simply nuts!

You're not the first.  If you want history then certainly do it.  In the past there have been so many nut cases in cemeteries doing destruction and creating situations that we who have family cemeteries are very skittish about people being there after dark.  Not everyone is a history buff, some are simply nuts!

That is by far very rude and disrespectful for someone to do such a thing. I guess not all people have morals and respect in the world. I'm sorry to hear that! :/

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said I think it would be neat to but Im only interested in the tunnels. I do understand. But its not for entertainment, its to find out about the history of the tunnels and to find out what lingers from the afterlife. You sir may not be a believer, but I am:)

Not trying to be disrespectful but I'm not a believer.In any event,why would a tunnel be haunted?It's not like anyone lived in them.

Not trying to be disrespectful but I'm not a believer.In any event,why would a tunnel be haunted?It's not like anyone lived in them.

No disrespect taken, everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the subject. A place doesn't have to have someone technically living there to be haunted. For example, if something was built and it was torn down, and something else was built on top of it, it could still contain the residue from before. Another example, Gettysburg, there is alot of testimonies of people saying that there is still history among the war fields. They didn't live on the fields. So the tunnels for example, something could have happened on the property around that area or inside that area that triggers paranormal. 

I believe whole heartedly in the paranormal.  All aspects of it.  

I would love to attend if y'all are planning an outing during spring or summer.

Went to the tunnels in Sabula last summer with Bon and family.

The most frightening thing I encountered was SOB trying to get us off of the hill from the upper tunnel. :D

Yup!! Should of followed my hubby!!

No disrespect taken, everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the subject. A place doesn't have to have someone technically living there to be haunted. For example, if something was built and it was torn down, and something else was built on top of it, it could still contain the residue from before. Another example, Gettysburg, there is alot of testimonies of people saying that there is still history among the war fields. They didn't live on the fields. So the tunnels for example, something could have happened on the property around that area or inside that area that triggers paranormal. 

I would imagine Gettysburg would be a different situation than a tunnel that goes through a mountain.People are free to believe what they want and who knows,maybe they're correct.I just don't buy it.

I would imagine Gettysburg would be a different situation than a tunnel that goes through a mountain.People are free to believe what they want and who knows,maybe they're correct.I just don't buy it.

There is energy everywhere in everything we are a part of.  It's all about an individual's level of sensitivity as to how it is perceived.

Went to the tunnels in Sabula last summer with Bon and family.

The most frightening thing I encountered was SOB trying to get us off of the hill from the upper tunnel. :D

Heck, it's easier getting down that hill than up it. Just sit on your backside and slide.

I will gladly help lead anyone through the upper tunnel and safely down the hill to the lower tunnel lol), but I will not go to the lower (active) tunnel as night falls. Never again will I go through seeing or feeling anything like that in my life again. And I like ghosts, I have a hobby of hunting them...but that thing, that was just demonic in nature.  To feel a child like apparition hold onto my boot as I walked and then turn around and see the fog  at the entrance turn into a human form at the other end walking back and forth (as if a warden) was enough for me.

I will gladly help lead anyone through the upper tunnel and safely down the hill to the lower tunnel lol), but I will not go to the lower (active) tunnel as night falls. Never again will I go through seeing or feeling anything like that in my life again. And I like ghosts, I have a hobby of hunting them...but that thing, that was just demonic in nature.  To feel a child like apparition hold onto my boot as I walked and then turn around and see the fog  at the entrance turn into a human form at the other end walking back and forth (as if a warden) was enough for me.

Would you hold my hand? :pray:

Old3dogg just found a reason to love haunted tunnels. :)

lol and why we love you and you are our old3dogg :)  

Seriously though, if anyone wants to go, I am kid free this weekend and would love to come up!! Bring knee high s&*tkickers though....you may need them with the extra melting.  The water in the upper tunnel may be deeper than normal (just a guess)