GoDuBois.com

Haunted tunnel.  

Dodgeman

I will gladly help lead anyone through the upper tunnel and safely down the hill to the lower tunnel lol), but I will not go to the lower (active) tunnel as night falls. Never again will I go through seeing or feeling anything like that in my life again. And I like ghosts, I have a hobby of hunting them...but that thing, that was just demonic in nature.  To feel a child like apparition hold onto my boot as I walked and then turn around and see the fog  at the entrance turn into a human form at the other end walking back and forth (as if a warden) was enough for me.

I've never done much research on the area, but your experience has me intrigued.  I would like to know what else was in the area before the tunnels.  Does anyone know?  If it's already been mentioned, I apologize for asking again.

I do agree with you though Shmoopie, that sort of energy wouldn't be pleasant.  Sorry you had that experience, but glad to hear it didn't stop you from looking!

I will gladly help lead anyone through the upper tunnel and safely down the hill to the lower tunnel lol), but I will not go to the lower (active) tunnel as night falls. Never again will I go through seeing or feeling anything like that in my life again. And I like ghosts, I have a hobby of hunting them...but that thing, that was just demonic in nature.  To feel a child like apparition hold onto my boot as I walked and then turn around and see the fog  at the entrance turn into a human form at the other end walking back and forth (as if a warden) was enough for me.

In the lower tunnel? I didn't see a thing. The upper tunnel is the one that gave me the heebie-jeebies. The hair on the back of my neck was standing on end. 

I think the tunnels are neat because I like local history. My buddy Bon loaned me a book on the Austin dam break in 1911. Now I want to go up there and explore the area.

I've driven by there lots of times but never got out to investigate. I want to also get up that way to see the darkest park east of the Mississippi.

I've driven by there lots of times but never got out to investigate. I want to also get up that way to see the darkest park east of the Mississippi.

The old paper mill below the dam looks cool as well. I'm up that way once a month on my way to and from Coudersport. I may have to take a "extended" lunch break when the weather gets nice. :D

She's talking about Cherry Springs in case anyone is wondering.

You both should go down into the dam area ... once the mud dries up .. diet road about a mile long getting to the park area.

I am actually looking at this now to figure out where it is.  I'd love to explore it as well!

It's in Austin, there are 2 ways of getting there, the scenic route or the scenic route!!

If you go with old3dogg, he will be looking for the hookers house on the hill before the dam..lol. Yes, it's still there!!!

I asked old dog what he learned from reading the story about the Austin Dam. He says Don't trust an engineer??? I said nooo ... If it wasn't for the hookers, more people would of died from the dam break!!!  :D

She's talking about Cherry Springs in case anyone is wondering.

You both should go down into the dam area ... once the mud dries up .. diet road about a mile long getting to the park area.

Cherry Springs is well known as a destination for amateur astronomers. There are some 'scopes there that would rival some of what NASA has!

Cherry Springs is well known as a destination for amateur astronomers. There are some 'scopes there that would rival some of what NASA has!

I've been trying to get up that way to use them for a couple years. They are supposed to even have a solar telescope.

We stopped 3 yrs ago when we went for a ride. Walked around and looked at the telescope "houses" they have!! pretty awesome!! They list when they will have the telescopes running,but you have to make reservations because it has gotten so popular.

As a kid, we went to Cherry Springs so much, that it doesn't do anything for me ... kinda like the PA Grand Canyon ... big whoop!!! My mom was from Tioga Co, so we saw that stuff all the time!!

I love all things paranormal, so this would definitely intrigue me.  In warmer weather of course, because as much as I love ghosts and goblins, I love my toes more lol.

I would be willing to take some on a tour of the upper tunnel, but believe me its a spooky walk through there.. ;)