GoDuBois.com

So, how did your tomatoes do?

lavender

Tomatoes are huge this year. Kind of makes up for the poor spring crops.

The Super Marzanos that I grow as a sauce tomato are 5 or 6 inches long and the plants are loaded. This is the first time in years that they have reached the size advertised.

Megabyte which is about twice the size of a cherry tomato was very early and a great tomato. Just enough for 2 bites or to add to a sandwich.

Saucy, another sauce tomato, is also loaded. Haven't tasted those yet.

Celebrity is just ripening and has lots of fruit. It's favorite eating tomato as it is so reliable.

The unnamed ones from the Middle School sale are huge but I'm not all that fond of the texture or flavor. I like an acidic, crisp tomato.

Still waiting on the "Gourmet Heirloom Blend" that was a freeby. Don't see any orange, pink, or purple tomatoes yet. Waiting hopefully.

No blight in sight.

Mine all have blossom end rot!!!!  Off of two plants that have ripened, I think I got 6 that didn't rot!

But on a good note, I found out what is causing it and am hoping to fix the problem on the plants that haven't ripened yet!!!

I have no idea what the 2 plants are that my neighbor gave me to plant this year...grows his from seed...but for the 2nd time this week I've had BLT's with them tomatoes! MMMMMMMMM...SOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS!!!

Big, red, juicey, and taste like a tomatoe should...doesn't get much better than that!:exc:

We have a bumper crop. Of course, one gets a bumper crop when one's spouse plants 127 tomato plants and, so far, has put up 95 quarts of tomato sauce. We had some blossom end rot (always do), but not really bad. The bumper crop of tomatoes is supposed, I guess, to make up for the NO crop at ALL of apples, pears, grapes, peaches, plums, due to that April freeze after the super-warm weather caused those trees to blossom early.