GoDuBois.com

SPECIAL EDITION ARTICLE #10 - April 2nd, 2023 by Fr. Ben Daghir

• Administrators

One Thing, Jesus Christ.
SPECIAL EDITION ARTICLE #10 - April 2nd, 2023 by Fr. Ben Daghir

Editor's Note: This article is a special edition that focuses on Palm Sunday. Fr. Daghir reflects on the line, "The Master has need of it." 

Article:
We have a Gospel reading before Mass today for the procession. It’s an interesting difference when compared with other Masses. There is one very powerful line from this entrance Gospel that I would like to share. My reflection is influenced by Bishop Robert Barron when I heard a homily from him several years ago.

In fact, I encourage you to listen to his homily which you can find here:

We hear from the 21st chapter of Matthew’s Gospel. Jesus sends two disciples on a mission that doesn’t appear to have supreme importance. The disciples are sent with this command, “Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find an ass tethered, and a colt with her. Untie them and bring them here to me.” 

Jesus then adds, “And if anyone should say anything to you, reply, ‘The master has need of it.’”

Why are you a wife/mother? Why are you a husband/father? Why are you a religious sister? Why are you a permanent deacon? Why are you a single person? Why are you a religious monk? Why am I a priest? 

The Master has need of us. The Master has a mission for us. The Master has a plan. The Master desires for us to participate in His great work. 

Do you know your purpose, your mission? The Master has need of you. 

========================
Fr. Ben Daghir is a priest for the Diocese of Erie. He is a graduate of Elk County Catholic High School in Saint Marys, Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, and St. Mary's Seminary & University in Baltimore, Maryland. He considers writing one of his favorite hobbies.

FrBEN.jpg