GoDuBois.com

POTD 5-2-23

Pompeii

• Administrators

CCCTC Announces Practical Nursing March Sunflower Award

Practical Nursing Student, Mackenzie Pierce was nominated for the March 2023 Sunflower Award by classmates Cheyanne Higgins and Brittany Cambria. Mackenzie is being recognized for her strengths in going above and beyond expectations in the care of her patients, support to fellow students, facility members or communities.

The sunflower was chosen as it represents happiness, optimism, honesty, longevity, peace, admiration, and devotion. The sunflower surpasses all others in terms of its universal power to bring people joy, all qualities future nurses hope to possess and show to their patients. The student is nominated by fellow students, patients, instructors, or anyone who has been touched and inspired by their work, kindness, compassion, and dedication.

Students had this to say in their nominations:  Cheyanne: “She is a great/kind person.  She is always advocating for her patients and taking good care of them.  I’m inspired to be like her”.  Brittany: “I really admire how caring and compassionate she is towards every single patient she encounters and I know she will be an excellent nurse when we graduate.”

The Clearfield County Career and Technology Center is proud to highlight the talents and accomplishments of its students.   For more information about the CCCTC and its programs please visit us at https://www.ccctc.edu 
050223.jpg