GoDuBois.com

Nancy Heffner (age 91)

Pompeii

• Administrators

Heffner, Nancy.jpg
Nancy Heffner, 91, passed away Thursday, Dec 28th, 2023 at her home in DuBois, PA. She was preceded in death by her parents, Harry C. Aurand and Mary Doutt Aurand. 

Nancy’s wit, charm and baton twirling skills caught the eye of husband #1, Robert (Kite) Scott. A whirlwind romance ensued and along came Robert, Gary, Gail & Mary Ann. After 24 years of marriage, Bob passed away leaving Nancy a widow. She then met strapping husband #2, Tony Heffner and became a stepmother to Patty, Becky, Cindy, Sue, Toni, and Brad. She often said she was an influencer and got remarried before it was cool.

Never afraid to share a joke or her opinion, she loved an audience. She was known to skim her joke book before PTA meetings, hospice visits and treatments at Hahne Cancer Center.

She hardly missed a murder show, her morning coffee & bougie biscotti or a heated discussion on current events.

While some turn to embroidery, truth bombs were Nancy’s hobby: “If she needs a semi for her emotional baggage, that’s not a good sign.” 

She was loyal, supportive and appropriately devastated when her crush (actor Jon Stewart) left (TV). 

Nancy adored her circle of glamorous Dubois ladies, enjoyed her time at Trinity Methodist Church and admired her co-workers at Dubois Area Hospital. 

While Nancy was immensely proud of her children, she promptly forgot about them when her 16 beloved grandchildren, 15 great grandchildren and 3 great-great grandchildren were born. (As 5-star Gi-Gi’s do.) 

When discussing her many accomplishments during an interview, she was asked the following: “As a child, what did you dream of becoming?” 

This was her answer: 

“When I was a young girl, you were never asked. Your opinion and dreams weren’t important, you were just expected to be a teacher or a mother. But I always envisioned myself as a dancer, if I could, I would have been a Rockette living in New York City...” 

While she never made it to Radio City Music Hall, she lived her life unapologetically true to herself. 

As you navigate 2024, break out your dancing shoes and borrow some of Nancy’s vibe. Be loud, bold, opinionated, funny, wrong, stubborn - simply be you. 

And if no one has asked you lately, “What is your dream?” 

In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to the  DuBois Public Library, 31 South Brady St., DuBois, PA 15801. After all, as Nancy would say, “flowers...they look nice but I’m allergic.”

Visitation will be held on Thursday, January 4, 2024 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Baronick Funeral Home & Crematorium, Inc. 

A Funeral Service will be held on Friday, January 5, 2024 at 11 a.m. from the funeral home with Pastor Rebecca Edwards officiating.

Burial will follow n Morningside Cemetery.

Online condolences can be made to http://www.baronickfuneralhome.com/condolence