GoDuBois.com

POTD 4-6-24

Pompeii

• Administrators

As I watched through the viewfinder, a captivating scene unfolded—the cardinal appeared to hover, her movements graceful and deliberate, in front of the mirror. This shift in his demeanor was both fascinating and poignant, suggesting a moment of recognition or perhaps confusion in the face of his own reflection. The idea that he might be on the cusp of realizing the mirror's true nature added a layer of depth to the encounter. Was he beginning to understand that the fierce rival he had been so ardently challenging was, in fact, himself? 

This question lingered in the air, as the delicate dance between bird and reflection evolved into a moment of potential self-awareness. The possibility that I was witnessing a wild creature confronting its own image, a scenario usually reserved for the realm of human experience, was a profound reminder of the intricate connections that weave through the tapestry of the natural world. My camera, ready to capture the outcome, was more than just a tool in that moment—it was a witness to the subtle and often unseen narratives that unfold around us, stories of discovery, identity, and the enigmatic nature of reflection.  ... at Little Pine State Park. > John Green
040624_t.jpg