GoDuBois.com

Fabulous, free, leaf mold

Petee

If you are building a garden and need tons of leaf mold then check with your municipality to see if they have squirreled away a huge pile of leaves from previous years.  http://www.emmitsburg.net/gardens/articles/frederick/2001/compost_leaves.htm

I went to Punxsy today and in two loads hauled away about a ton of the most beautiful black soil that a gardener would ever want, and it was free for the hauling.  They even load it for you!

I forgot to bring the phone numbers to post them but I will get them and add them later.  

If you are building a garden and need tons of leaf mold then check with your municipality to see if they have squirreled away a huge pile of leaves from previous years.  http://www.emmitsburg.net/gardens/articles/frederick/2001/compost_leaves.htm

I went to Punxsy today and in two loads hauled away about a ton of the most beautiful black soil that a gardener would ever want, and it was free for the hauling.  They even load it for you!

I forgot to bring the phone numbers to post them but I will get them and add them later.  

thanks Petee

I have the phone numbers:  Joe Defelice, 938-8685 Shop and 952-1899 Cell Phone.  They have to bring the equipment to the pile so they need a definite time you will be there and they are so nice about it!  Take them some cookies or a treat!  The location is behind the Punxsy Jr-Sr School on Byer Ave Ext.  It is on the right just past the rear school entrance.  Look for the yellow steel gates with a sign that says "No Dumping".

Go to Punxsy, turn right on Grafis, then left on Jenks to the end.  Turn right.  That's Byer.  Go past the school on your left and look for the little road on the right to the recycle area.  They have shredded wood mulch too.

I checked with Veolia and Sandy Twp today.  DuBois leaves go to Veolia where they are composted and used for cover treatment of soil areas.  

Sandy Twp collects leaves and gives them to farmers or anyone who asks.  Composting the leaves would take permits which the township does not have.  Apparently the past procedures have worked well so there are not current thoughts of changing.