GoDuBois.com

Larvae in the water barrel again.

I know I said last year that my neighbor got goldfish to put in his. If that's not an option and I have them in the barrel and in the birdbath I fill from the barrel, what can I do?

At first I thought they were tadpoles, but my neighbor says they're mosiquito babies..

Oh and to add to the problem, the cat drinks out of both places, so the fix will have to be cat-friendly...

thanks everyone!

Before I got back on this board I put a cup of chlorox in the barrel (32 gallon garbage pail) and about 4 drops in the birdbath...

How bad did I screw up?

I'm thinkin' that it won't hurt anything, but I'm no expert on the effects of Chlorine on pets... :-/  If the larvae are still swimmin' it most likely won't hurt the cat or birds.

thanks everyone!

Before I got back on this board I put a cup of chlorox in the barrel (32 gallon garbage pail) and about 4 drops in the birdbath...

How bad did I screw up?

I'm sure there's at least that much and more in the city water and the pool!  No problem.  You have to do 9 parts water to one part bleach to sanitize anything.

What a dumba$$ I am.....  :B   I meant to post this in the $64 Tomato thread.....  :-/

You may still have time to delete it and post it in the right topic.  We'll still help anyone who gets one.  I love mine.  Hubby asked me if I want to get the bigger one the other day and I asked if he had a fever! :-)