GoDuBois.com

acne cream

memaws haven

Walmart. Tea tree iil is about $7.00 and aloe gel is Bout $2.00. I get tge gel with solarcane i. It. I mix big batches so i do 1/2 cup of tea tree oil and 2 1/2 cups aloe gel.  I put a nice scented lotion in too.  Its thick, looks like lotion. My daughter used an apricot scrub on her face from dollar store for a dollar. She puts this on and goes to bed. In morning washes it off and her face looks great. She has tried all the over the counter and prescription stuff and it didnt work. A pre med student told us tea tree oil was good for acne is how we got started.  Good luck.

Guest marbek

Thank you very much. I have tried over the counter for my daughter, but no prescription stuff. She is 13 and feels terrible about herself because of her acne. It would be so nice for her to start high school with a clearer face and more confidence.

My daughter is a senior this year and tells everyone about it. I keep some in a small bottle and keep the rest in a container and refill the small jar as needed.

She used the apricot scrub ( it can be any face wash but whatever you use always use the same as in dont switch from one brand to another), to wash her face well. Then rubbed in this mix on face ( good for pimples on backs too) and washed it off in a.m.

We tried Proactive and prescription stuff too. It didn't help.

Guest Tracy96

My daughter has tried everything.  Proactive, Sulfur wash, retina A, and almost all the over the counter meds and nothing has worked.  She has severe scarring from acne.  When she tries something new it works for a while but then quits working.  She has also tried alternating treatments with no progress.  The best thing she has used so far was white vinegar.  We are going to try the recipe on here and see if it helps.  I honestly don't know what else to do for her.  She has seen several dermatologists in Pittsburgh and locally and she still has the severe acne.  Thanks for posting!

My daughter has tried everything.  Proactive, Sulfur wash, retina A, and almost all the over the counter meds and nothing has worked.  She has severe scarring from acne.  When she tries something new it works for a while but then quits working.  She has also tried alternating treatments with no progress.  The best thing she has used so far was white vinegar.  We are going to try the recipe on here and see if it helps.  I honestly don't know what else to do for her.  She has seen several dermatologists in Pittsburgh and locally and she still has the severe acne.  Thanks for posting!

as a kid i too suffered with this very same thing.........

my only cure?

time...it went away eventually but it was a hellacious highschool experience....

Like you, nothing worked for my daughter until this mixture was being used.  Her face was always broke out over her whole face. Now, there is a rare pimple, great self esteem, smilung and EVERYONE noticed the difference.

This year at pro. Time I had three boys ask me for this cream, two girls and now they make their ow. They too have clear faces.

Guest marbek

Is the white vinegar used as a wash or after face is washed?

Guest Tracy96

Is the white vinegar used as a wash or after face is washed?

We use it after washing so the pores are open.  Vinegar kills bacteria so we decided to try it and it helps the breakouts heal faster.   We just need to find something that will prevent her from breaking out so bad.

Vinegar and tea tree oil (which can also be found in the organic aisle of Martin's) both kill bacteria.  I've also heard coconut oil is a good anti bacterial.  Meemaw...you say put the tea tree, aloe and a lotion together...what kind of lotion?  Is it one especially for faces, body lotion, hand lotion???  Any particular one you prefer?

You don't have to use a lotion but we do. We use one with vitamins or aloe. We did it to leave on overnight and try to help with the smell.  The original recipe called for the tea tree oil and gel and to put on your face and washed off at same time.  We have noticed better luck with the lotion in the mix, allowed on all night and rinsed off in am. Come up with what works best. The vinegar sounds good but due to acid base hurt my daughters face.

I researched tea tree oil for acne recipes online and came up with basic recipe and made changes.  I can only say it worked so well for my daughter she entered a pagaent this year with no signs of acne.

Guest snellma

1part tea tree oil

5 parts aloe gel

Mix well. Apply at night. It doesnt smell great but works well. I changed the recipe around a little from above and I have kids asking for it as it worked great for my daughter.

Hi Memaw,

I live in SC.  Could you please message me your exact recipe.  I would love to try it for my daughter.  I don't do well without amounts (at least a good guess-ta-ment).

From the internet:

3 tablespoons plain yogurt

2 tablespoons lemon juice

3 drops tea tree essential oil

Place all the ingredients into a bowl or container and mix into a light cream

Spread the mixture over the face before going to bed then rise off in the morning.

You may want to put a towel over your pillow on the nights you intend to use this.