GoDuBois.com

Steam Cleaners?

Guest madre

Guest madre

Ok, maybe not the right place for this thread, but I was wondering...does anyone have/use a steam cleaner rather than spend money on Mr Clean, Scrubbing Bubbles, etc..?  I've been thinking of buying one and was wondering if it works well enough to get rid of all of these bottles in my pantry!  It could be a great cost savings in the long run if they work like they say...

• 2 months later...

So...nobody has one?  I posted this a few months ago.  In the meantime, I found a refurbished steam cleaner on overstock.com for $75.  It works great!  I can do the sinks, toilets (but not in the bowl itself), tubs, floors...even the carpet (works good on stains too).  It steamed drips of dried paint off the floor and sinks from when the previous owners painted...however long ago that was.  It also does great on baseboards.  I have not bought commercial cleaners since I got it.  For windows and mirrors I've been using vinegar.  I've been using the homemade laundry and dish soaps.  The only thing I still have and use it Pledge for the woodwork...although I see there is a home brew for that now too so I may try it when the Pledge runs out.  If you can get a good deal on one of these cleaners...I highly recommend one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tracy96

I bought one a few years ago.  I was very upset when I read the manual and it was not supposed to be used on tons of surfaces.  My hubby tried to use it on a car engine and it said it was much easier to use degreaser and reg water.  I'm glad you like yours but just be careful and read the fine print.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Steam Shark and it cleans really well. I bought it at Kmart and it was around $70. One of my friends told me to spray a little Mr Clean multi surface spray on the floor and it cleans better and leaves a nice smell too. I would definitely suggest buying one. I use it on my hardwood floors, vinyl floor and ceramic tiles floors. There's something about the hot steam that makes me think it's really cleaning too. Might just be in my mind, but it pleases me. haha It's also very light and easy to maneuver.