GoDuBois.com

HISTORY FORUM

sscamaro

Its funny, when I was young I hated history. Could never understand why we needed to learn about the past. Since then I have traveled for work to places like Hungary, Belguim, Korea as well as other places and have a desire to learn more about history. Local history is very interesting, I love seeing old pictures and hearing tales from the past. Great idea.

Guest curwensville

I hope we can discuss the history of all of this part of Pennsylvania. So much ties together with surrounding counties.

I like your ideal.

You folks might be really surprised. You will find it very interesting. One good place to start is a town called Winterburn. Not much left to it but at one time I do believe it was bigger than Dubois. The old growth trees that was harvested from there will amaze you. One log per train car. They also floated logs down Bennets branch. Now you can walk across it and not get yer knees wet.

You folks might be really surprised. You will find it very interesting. One good place to start is a town called Winterburn. Not much left to it but at one time I do believe it was bigger than Dubois. The old growth trees that was harvested from there will amaze you. One log per train car. They also floated logs down Bennets branch. Now you can walk across it and not get yer knees wet.

do u have any pictures of this place?

do u have any pictures of this place?

Nope none of my own. There are websites and books with lots of pic's from Winterburn and Dubois back in the day. I was raised close to the old town. Have been up there numerous times.

Not much left these days except pic's taken years ago.