GoDuBois.com

DuBois High School 1905

Tiramisu

It's a shame that I was too young to appreciate the neat architectural features of that building when I was in 7th grade. I do recall the big hall on the second floor, under that dome, with the windows around the top. That was sort of cool even in my young mind.

• 1 month later...
Guest snellma

I remember the year of the big flood and the basement of the jr. high flooded.  Things certainly have changed.  Back in my day it was 7th grade on Long Ave, 8th and 9th grade on the Boulevard at the school pictured, and then 10-12 at the senior high on Orient Ave.

Very nice pictures.

I remember the year of the big flood and the basement of the jr. high flooded.  Things certainly have changed.  Back in my day it was 7th grade on Long Ave, 8th and 9th grade on the Boulevard at the school pictured, and then 10-12 at the senior high on Orient Ave.

Very nice pictures.

7 th grade was on Scribner Ave (not Long Ave) .......  where S & T bank and parking lot is now  

Guest snellma

7 th grade was on Scribner Ave (not Long Ave) .......  where S & T bank and parking lot is now  

That's what I meant to say - sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice pictures.

I was back at Rola-Jensen for 24 hours straight moving electrical motors and things upstairs we left by boat and got as far as Retired outlaw's Mothers tastee freeze and the boat goit stuck with wire wrapped around the prop, so I had to walk across the blvd to 255. The water was chest deep in front of the school and there was all the carnival stuff jammed against the bridge..