GoDuBois.com

POTD 10-24-23

Pompeii

• Administrators

Little Pine Creek Watershed Adventures - A Dreamy Day! Waterville, PA

Ah, my dear raptor friends, gather around my perch and let me entertain you with a grand tale of a day in the life of a sprightly 2 ½ year old bald eagle in the enchanting realm of Little Pine State Park. As we approach the final, crisp week of autumn leaves, I perch majestically on this sturdy branch and survey my kingdom around me. My keen eyes spotted a curious creature with a lens as big as his face pointed right at me. Ah, the paparazzi! I looked away quickly. “He simply can't resist my feathered charm,” I whispered to myself.

After a glorious sunrise, casting a warm, golden hue over the stream below, I had visions of stretching my mighty wings, ready to conquer the skies of the Valley. My wings would stretch with a whoosh and a flap as I soar through the air, feeling the brisk autumn wind ruffle my feathers. I imagined down below, critters of the forest scampering about, and I played a game of tag with a cheeky squirrel, my talons just missing its bushy tail, in a quick attack.

My dreamy continued as lunchtime arrive. I spotted a school of silvery fish glimmering beneath the water's surface of the park lake. I felt myself dive, talons outstretched with a big splash spreading the water in all directions. As I emerged with wings and body feathers wet, I realized I was victorious with a tasty catch. My dream continued as I savored my meal. I couldn’t help but chuckle at the confused looks on the faces of the nearby mergansers, utterly baffled by my fishing prowess. Awe, a beautiful day, a wonderful dream.

My mind returned to my favorite branch, where I found myself in a conversation with the intruding camera lens. I gave it a knowing stare, because I am the true star of this autumnal spectacle. With a contented sigh, I settle in for the day, dreaming of more adventures and laughter in the days to come. Ah, the life of a young bald eagle at Little Pine State Park. It truly doesn't get any better than this in the Valley! >>>John Green

102423_t.jpg