GoDuBois.com

Detering Deer

Petee

I just found this on a gardening forum and it goes along with the automatic sprinkler I mentioned before.  Deer are curious but do not like surprises.

I found that putting a motion light in my garden keeps deer away.I use a 2 outlet motion light with spotlight in 1 and a radio in the other Set the radio to a non-station so it just makes noise. NO DEER FOR 3 YEARS. Light comes on and radio crackles. Best $20.00 I ever spent on my garden.

• 2 months later...

I just found this on a gardening forum and it goes along with the automatic sprinkler I mentioned before.  Deer are curious but do not like surprises.

I found that putting a motion light in my garden keeps deer away.I use a 2 outlet motion light with spotlight in 1 and a radio in the other Set the radio to a non-station so it just makes noise. NO DEER FOR 3 YEARS. Light comes on and radio crackles. Best $20.00 I ever spent on my garden.

Petee, where did you get this?

We're going to let the garden go dormant this year, woe is me already.

I know that there is no way that I can go a year without growing some veggies. So I've been looking into having some type of patio garden.  

The problem here is all of the critters! We have to have an electric fence, there just is no way that we could have a garden without it. The deer

munch everything down to the ground. And of course, the groundhogs, squirrel, chippies, voles, etc. But hey, that's country living and I wouldn't

change it for anything.

I'd like to try the motion light, it's worth a shot. TYIA

I have no idea what site I got that info from but I do have a book on deer in my library.  It's on loan through the BUDS Gardeners at every meeting. You can keep it for one month.  The water sprinkler idea was in there.

Check with Agway or Tractor Supply to see what they might stock.