GoDuBois.com

Onion Spoilage

lavender

The topic at the Oct. meeting of the Down to Earth garden club was what makes our onion spoil. The general consensus was improper storage. That isn't always the case as further research for a newletter article proved. For those with rotting onions here are some possible causes. The entire article is up on our website at www.downtoearthgardenclub.org which I'm finally getting updated.

I also put up my notes from the gardening seminar in Clearfield sponsored by the Clearfield Center for Active Living and the PSU County Extension. The subject was Planting Trees So They Survive. The speaker was Tom Butzler and he was well worth listening to.

Here is the onion stuff but the tree seminar is too long to post here.

Here are some of the conditions that can spoil your onions.

The web page will be down for awhile, as it is being switched to a different server. It's not your computer!

The translucent watery sections are what we are getting from our garden onions this year. Is anyone else having this problem?  I'm afraid that my onions go in the same spot each year, which is probably a mistake but that is the only good place in the yard for onions.