GoDuBois.com

Fall Perennial Sale

Petee

I've always liked to save any perennials that I buy during the summer to plant in the fall and it's always worked great. It gives me a chance to pot them up for bigger root systems, coddle them and make sure they are as strong and big as possible when they go into the ground.  Also I don't have to run around all summer making sure they have enough water.  I just keep them on my deck by the hose.

The entire planting bed at Franklin Street was done in the late summer and fall so that's proof that it's a good time to plant.

On that same note, the B.U.D.S. will be having a fall perennial sale on Saturday, August 6, to start about 1 PM.  This time the sale will be held at Charlie's Alternators, location of our huge planting beds on Franklin Street, at the back of the Shankle Drug and Fort Worth parking lot.  The composting workshop is that morning at the United Way so this is the earliest we can be ready.  Come to it too!

These are plants that we have divided from our own home gardens, donations and from the community planting beds where they got too large.  I cannot keep all of them for the winter so we need to find them homes.

As usual, all proceeds go back to the community through the planting beds just as soon as possible.