GoDuBois.com

Question for Shih Tzu owners?

Wanted to get some feedback on what flea preventative you are using on your Shih Tzu(s). Their skin is always itching for one reason or another because of their sensitivities and allergic reactions, but what treatment have you felt worked best for them. I am presently using Frontline Plus and don't know if that's the best one for them.

I use Pet Armour for my two it seems to do ok how ever they spend very little time outside. (potty time only). Not outside dogs ,they prefer the heat in the winter and the air conditioner in the summer.(spoiled).  I have not had any problems with them itching or fleas.

Even if you treat them for fleas they can have old bites that still itch for a long time. IN addition to the flea medication they need a good bath and the carpets need treated to get rid of already present fleas and flea eggs.  It can be weeks before you get them all or slow down their activity.

I would only use what is recommended by the vet, not something questionable that you buy from a department store.

I'm probably just sticking with Frontline Plus for now. This is always a bad month for fleas. Poor things though, one bite sends my older one into an itchfest - I give her the Benadryl and that helps.

Wanted to get some feedback on what flea preventative you are using on your Shih Tzu(s). Their skin is always itching for one reason or another because of their sensitivities and allergic reactions, but what treatment have you felt worked best for them. I am presently using Frontline Plus and don't know if that's the best one for them.

K9 Advantx.  I get the multi pack for year round. covers all biters. Flea, Tick, and human blood suckers too. Skeeters. I have a Shih Tzu, Pom mix..