GoDuBois.com

Back in the 60's

watoos

In 1986-87-88   basement of the Pershing was Bottoms Up. Many nights drinking in there. We had this discussion not too long ago on here and I came up with this name before remember?   Don't forget the gateway cafe and P & M(now the Jared bar)My uncles family had Minns bar before it became Reeses.

Anyone remember Echo Glen? On way to Grampian, my uncle and family(5 kids)  lived upstairs it was a giant apartment, on Sundays we kids would help clean the bar and play house (or bar) in there when they were closed. I'm talking early 70's. It burnt a few years later I remember.

Remember where tommy D's, was across from the libary? At one time it was a GOODYEAR tire store.

What about Valantines steak house, later moved into a place on the right going down the first block of W Long Ave. Had one spliot enterance one went down left one went down right steps after entering building? WAS orginaly behind the car repair shop accross W washington ave from tommy D's. I think it burnt down or was torn down.

Anyone remember Echo Glen? On way to Grampian, my uncle and family(5 kids)  lived upstairs it was a giant apartment, on Sundays we kids would help clean the bar and play house (or bar) in there when they were closed. I'm talking early 70's. It burnt a few years later I remember.

I think I played there for a wedding reception. (Band)

• 2 months later...

My father in law owned it back then. I hear they had really good food there.  :)

there used to be a lot of good places around the area and there were two movie theaters in downtown dubois. plus there was the sons of Italy club in Reynoldsville and a bar at the end of the street in Reynoldsville across from where the uni mart now is and the hotel with fatmans pizza in it used to have a good bar and a great dance floor.