GoDuBois.com

Local Hauntings?

jonlh64

They have a haunted walking tour at the historical society in DuBois twice  year. They started it last October and had the last one just last week. I've missed them both but hoping to make the one this October. Someone there should be able to tell us about hauntings in the area.

Guest Tracy96

I would say that one of the more popular haunting stories surrounds the boy scout camp on camp mountain run road.  It may be a joke to scare the boy scouts......or is it?  

Guest Tracy96

hatchet hands and hoodad?.

Yep!  Don't forget to mention the money can that if you make it that far you lose your fingers anyways....hee hee

• 3 weeks later...

They have a haunted walking tour at the historical society in DuBois twice  year. They started it last October and had the last one just last week. I've missed them both but hoping to make the one this October. Someone there should be able to tell us about hauntings in the area.

Really? I hear the coalman was an actual zombie from the mines.

Guest JenMc32

The old house in the middle of the field......off of Kyle Lake Road.  Don't even know if it's still there.....but that's all I'm gonna say!

:shok:

When we first moved into our house the back porch door always ended up locked.  We never locked it because we had a door between that one and the house.  This wasn't a lock that you bumped and it locked it took some force to get it to slide.  I don't know if I want it explained or not, but one day it suddenly stopped.  I was young when we moved her and it scared the crap out of me all the time, I was scared to death to be here alone for a long time.

I would say that one of the more popular haunting stories surrounds the boy scout camp on camp mountain run road.  It may be a joke to scare the boy scouts......or is it?  

Boo !!!!Heh,Heh..Ya it's true there were always hauntings at the Scout Camp ..Because I worked there and participated in a bunch of them..What years are you talking about?

Boo !!!!Heh,Heh..Ya it's true there were always hauntings at the Scout Camp ..Because I worked there and participated in a bunch of them..What years are you talking about?

We only live 3 miles from the camp.

Anything that makes money..Ya know.............Penn State has permitted their name to be attached to PRS (Paranormal Research Service)...as seen on TV.....Watch it?.. It's just heat sensing devices,recorders..etc..(highly technical ..really?).... ABC is paying money for this stuff...Duke has had a department of Paranormal Research  since the 40's..

We'll talk. I've NEVER felt any thing but at home here and have NEVER been afraid, but the ex was afraid of loud "knock,knock,knocking" in the night,smell of perfume in a bedroom we didn't use and I had nothing that smelled like it,dogs would not go thru a certain downstairs room,a lot more

Guest Tracy96

This was about 20 years ago.  I don't think it was actually at the scout camp but before you get to it.  The story just surrounds the scout camp area.

1950's:    Charley Snyder ,the old Camp Ranger(deceased),would have a bonfire during which he would tell "ghost stories". Then he'd say,"OK,who wants to "go up there"and see (where "somebody was killed",or where the "old guy  was found and is sometimes seen') and a bunch of the brave would set out with him up the "fawnskin" or the Fire Road. Eventually they'd all run back to camp when they "lost" Charley..Next day some would say they saw "it"....Or something in the story....Great stuff...I still think we can see just what we want to see.....