GoDuBois.com

New or maybe not new scam

Polo

This is the first I have heard of this one today.  I guess its been going around for a few years.  Someone gets a text from a scammer.  The scammer knows their name, phone number, address, and some names of family members.  Now you and I know this info can all be gotten from the internet on Spokeo and other sites for free.  The scammer says that they are cartel, says that the recipient of the text must pay 5,000 or they will come and cut their head off and kill family members. They also text pics of carnage of chopped off heads, etc.  Real pics and maybe some photo shopped.  We all know you can get these pics off the internet.  They also text a pic of some folks with hoods on with the eyes cut out and say they are on the way or outside of your home right now.  You have 20 minutes to pay.   Common sense says the cartel doesn't tell you they are cartel, and they certainly don't text you beforehand.  They just bust into your house.  So common sense tells us its definitely a scam, but it is scaring the heck out of the folks it happens to.  I saw a text recently someone showed me, and the pics were horrible!  Very scary.  So beware of this!   Don't let yourself be fooled.  Scammers are getting worse and worse because they are being found out!