GoDuBois.com

Spikes

beadbabe

I'm going to empty/cleanout/demolish/refresh-til-next-year my 4 window boxes.  Each one has a 'spike' plant.   I get them every year and every autumn they end up becoming mulch (although I have cherished them all summer long, they have been loved).  I'm not a big fan of house plants - just ask my Peace Lilly who is always gasping for water, poor thing :'(     However, I believe these are a form of  dracena and certainly could be a house plant if someone wanted to make them so.  

Any ideas, anyone want to give these plants a new home - plant them all together in one pot and start twisting/braiding their stems together - I think that they could grow to be quite tall over time.  Just not in my house.

So, this year, in the interest of recycling, I thought I'd ask if anyone wanted to volunteer to give them a new home.

Put your Peace Lily in a bigger pot and add a water tray under it.  You can let that sit in water happily.

Spikes can be brought into your basement and let hibernate for the winter.  Just keep them cool, with some light and water them about once a month.  Then bring them into better light in May and feed them.