GoDuBois.com

Purple Wandering Jew

slk59

I've finally identified the plant (I think I bought it at the plant sale this spring at BMP and lost the tag..) and see that they are a perennial and I can propagate with cuttings.  I am planning to do this but will the ones I planted in an big outside planter die or will they come back next year?

Definitely not hardy around here. But yes do take cuttings. They root easily and will do well over the winter. Put it out again next spring or take more cuttings and root them to be put out. I just acquired some Moses in the Cradle which is a near relative. Hope to have more of it for the spring plant sale. You see it used more and more as a pot or bedding plant as it is easy to grow and has a really tropical look.

moses_598.jpg

• 3 months later...

Certainly, it is a house plant. The Down to Earth Garden Club holds the sale at BMP. I don't know if we had any or not. You might have noticed that it was in the pot at the back of the Old Pershing parking lot. It grew like crazy there last summer. It makes a great bedding or outdoor pot plant as well.