GoDuBois.com

pink flower??

dyna99

Guest Tracy96

I zoomed in on it and tried to get a better pic.  At least I think this is the one Dyna is referring to.

flower_3804.jpg

Guest Tracy96

I don't know why it posted it twice (IE froze up) but I don't know how to remove 1 of them...lol

I think it might be summer sweet also known as Clethra but the leaves don't look quite right. It is blooming now and it is a native plant. It is the most likely guess.

It also might be some sort of spirea. One called Spirea bilardii looks sort of like it but again the leaves aren't quite right.

Same with butterfly bush. Those leaves look as though they are growing up the stem opposite each other which is not true of any of the above.

Hard to tell from a picture. See if you can match it with any of the above and let us know. I'll hit the books if none of these are right.

Google the plants. You will get a wider variety of pictures. Or check out plant catalogues. One picture doesn't always do it as plants can differ.

Steeple bush, according to my field guide, has leaves with a fuzzy underside. Might check.

I zoomed in on it and tried to get a better pic.  At least I think this is the one Dyna is referring to.

That's it Tracy.......it's pink and looks fuzzy. The flower is dead now but I will try and get a picture of the stem..

Here is a picture of my butterfly bush that I planted last year.....finally getting some butterflys on them!!

So now I need to get an outside plant book and a butterfly book.......wouldn't hurt to get a bird book too!! lol

hummingbird_feeder_and_butterfly_bush_8944.jpg

Guest Tracy96

Love the pic of the butterfly but I bet your humming birds are mad at you...LOL  My MIL's hummingbirds are drinking the stuff up like crazy this year.

Love the pic of the butterfly but I bet your humming birds are mad at you...LOL  My MIL's hummingbirds are drinking the stuff up like crazy this year.

naw........its wasnt empty!! they still have some in the bottom, and i filled it the same day as the picture!! lol

I had 2, but the one leaks....wish I could find one that didnt leak after the 1st year!!!  :(