GoDuBois.com

advice on saving plants

Guest steelergirl

Guest steelergirl

I am hoping someone can offer some advice:

I had some damage to my home and need to rebuild it. I want to save some of my plants in my landscaping, but I am unsure how or what to do. The plants will be in the way of the equipment and will be destroyed unless i move them. They will need to be moved in the next few weeks.

I have GIANT hostas, and a weeping cherry that I definatley want to save. The day lilies wouldn't upset me to awful much if they didn't survive (I can easily replace those). I have a rose bush, it may or may not need moved... probably should to be safe (this was here when i moved in, and i really don't know how to care for it in the first place! but it is pretty)

any information is greatly appreciated.  If you are willing, PM me with your number or I will give my number for you to contact me too...

The Down to Earth Garden Club just removed a number of very large hostas from the Reitz Theater when they redid the steps. They survived for a month in a tub with just the soil that clung to the root ball and plenty of water. I don