GoDuBois.com

Books on Gardening in PA

Smokefree

I just ordered several books about gardening in Pennsylvania by Liz Ball and I was wondering if anyone here had read anything by her and if they found the books useful. One is about gardening month-to-month in PA and the other is just a general gardening book about what grows well in PA. Are there any other books that you have found useful?

I buy any gardening book that has to do with PA. I also buy the farmers Almanac every year and know whether it's a good year to plant things or not. It nailed it this year ... rain, rain, rain. So I didn't plant a garden or any flowers at all. Didn't even buy a hanging basket. I also have books on bulbs, perrenials, annuals, tree's, shrubs, and houseplants including bonsai tree's. You can never have too many books!!! At least thats what I tell the hubby  ;)

I buy any gardening book that has to do with PA. I also buy the farmers Almanac every year and know whether it's a good year to plant things or not. It nailed it this year ... rain, rain, rain. So I didn't plant a garden or any flowers at all. Didn't even buy a hanging basket. I also have books on bulbs, perrenials, annuals, tree's, shrubs, and houseplants including bonsai tree's. You can never have too many books!!! At least thats what I tell the hubby  ;)

We didn't bother with our veggie garden after that second late frost happened. I don't feel so bad now!