GoDuBois.com

Pond Construction

Guest Tracy96

Guest Tracy96

Here's some pics of the pond I've been building for the past month.  It cost around $200 in all.....Plus a lot of sweat, blood, and bruises...LOL

ledas_pond_004_786.jpg

ledas_pond_001_4745.jpg

ledas_pond_002_1849.jpg

ledas_pond_construction_008_1168.jpg

Guest Tracy96

Thanks, we need to mulch around it yet.  We're also going to buy some fish for it.  I can't wait to see it next year when all the plants regrow.

Guest Tracy96

Shall I get the word out to bring water plants to the Farmer's Market this year?

That's an excellent idea.  We got some lily pads from a neighbor's pond.  The other plants came from my mom's house.  Her's needed thinned out.  We have another pond but it's full of cat tails so we're definitely not putting them in this pond...LOL

Guest Tracy96

You may want to make sure rain water cannot wash into the pond directly as it will carry a lot of sediment with it.  You can taper areas so it washes around it.

That is a real pond!! :-)

The rain water runoff hasn't been a problem because of all the pine needles and vegation above the pond.  Most of the dirt in it came from the rocks around it and some of the clay seeped through the edges of the liner.  We knew it wouldn't stay clean so it's not a big deal.  

As for fish....we would like to buy some Koi but they can be expensive.  We're just going to buy some cheap gold fish for now.  Just to see if we can see them in the murky water.  If the cheap fish do well than we will buy some Koi.