GoDuBois.com

Airplane Glue

Cardinal Fan

• 1 month later...

I tried both of these in the past and still have not found anything that will work for airplane glue.  I think paint thinner might work but don't want to use it for fear of damaging the color of my floor and counter top.  Good luck and if you find anything that works, please let me know too.

airplane stripper but it likes to eat things,i used it on a vinyl top on a chevelle and poof it was gone in 15 minutes just had to hose it off,so just use a small dab of it.

I would think that would damage the surface.  We used that once to strip the paint off a car.  Boy does it suck when you get it on your skin.  It is like sulfuric (sp) acid!  The bad thing is that you don't know you have it on your skin for a few seconds and by then your skin is on fire.  Can't wipe it off either, must have water to dilute it.   It might work to remove the glue but I personally am too afraid to try it.  I think you can get it at the auto parts store or a store that sells automotive paint.  Lowes could possibly have it.  Nasty stuff!

Try removing as much as possible with a razor blade scraper like they use to remove excess paint from windows.  Then try using a Q Tip to dab it with nail polish remover or some other solvent.  Sometimes if you get a spot of glue thin enough a solvent will work better.

Guest snellma

I agree with the razor blade.  My husband does that when he gets a run when he is painting.  Don't press too hard.  Stand the razor blade up and pull down with small strokes.  

• 2 weeks later...