GoDuBois.com

Need information on certificate

wildflowerpa

I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding information on the Brookville Park Association? I have tried the historic society, the chamber of commerce and googling it and nobody seems to know anything. I found an old stock certificate for  3 shares in this association and Would like to know more about it. Thanks for any info

Maybe it's like the time we bought stock in the DuBois Centennial.  It was just a fundraiser, not a real stock in property.  I think it was $1 or something and we knew it was just a keepsake.  I think I eventually tossed it in the interest of decluttering that never got finished.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding information on the Brookville Park Association? I have tried the historic society, the chamber of commerce and googling it and nobody seems to know anything. I found an old stock certificate for  3 shares in this association and Would like to know more about it. Thanks for any info

Could you post a copy of the certificate?  Maybe it could provide some clues? Was there a date on it?

Guest Tracy96

Could you post a copy of the certificate?  Maybe it could provide some clues? Was there a date on it?

If you do post a copy make sure you apply the words "Copy" on it so no one else can copy it.

Guest Tracy96

This website talks about it and makes it sound like it still exists.

http://www.livingplaces.com/PA/Jefferson_County/Brookville_Borough.html

I was thinking that it sounded familiar when I was calling around to reserve a pavillion at the Walter Dick Memorial Park earlier this summer.  I wonder if it might be the same place and that this was the name before the dam was rebuilt?