GoDuBois.com

Machinist needed.

Petee

I have a very hard to find bathroom faucet that is imported.  Surprisingly it cost less than anything else I found when we were remodeling our bathroom.  It was broken by a rough teen who was washing her hair under it and it needs repaired.  I think a machinist with a home shop would be who could fix it. A supply tube needs replaced and a hole drilled in it.

Anyone know anyone?

8 hours ago, Petee said:

I have a very hard to find bathroom faucet that is imported.  Surprisingly it cost less than anything else I found when we were remodeling our bathroom.  It was broken by a rough teen who was washing her hair under it and it needs repaired.  I think a machinist with a home shop would be who could fix it. A supply tube needs replaced and a hole drilled in it.

Anyone know anyone?

Do you have a brand name at least or some pics on what needs repaired.

1 hour ago, Gator11 said:

Do you have a brand name at least or some pics on what needs repaired.

It has been discontinued from the original manufacturer.  This is the faucet:

image.png

The round knob on top came loose and inside there is a tube that seems to go down to the bottom of the faucet.  Near the top of the tube there is a small hole that is torn out so I assume a new tube would have to be made and drilled.  I think she was holding onto it and actually pulled it down, tearing out whatever was in the hole.  I may be able to take off all the tape tomorrow and get a picture of the damage.  It works fine but if the tape comes off, the water shoots out of the top.  Lovely faucet with its top wound up in black plastic tape!  Since I can probably never find this faucet again, I really want to get it repaired.

I searched manufacturers from all over the world for my dream fixtures, and actually found them cheaper that way, plus in gold, with really nice shapes.  We had to wait quite a while for them but it was worth it to save money and love how they look.

10 hours ago, des said:

Look on eBay i think there’s one just like it 53.00 

10 hours ago, des said:

Look on eBay i think there’s one just like it 53.00 

I couldn't find it, but there were lots of beautiful faucets!  I found one close but it was brushed gold and it was almost $500.  I don't think so.  Mine was under $100, maybe even $70.  I have the original bill and maybe it has a name or something on it.  

I was looking through repair instructions on the internet, and I think the metal tube that bring the water up into the faucet is called the feed tube.  That is what is broken and apparently you can replace them.  Yea!

Once the men in my family put a proper shut off valve on the bathroom sink faucet, and can then remove the faucet, I think I have found someone to repair it.  There is a tube inside of the decorative part which carries the mixed temperature water up to and then out of the spout.  There is a small hole in the top side of that tube that has kind of torn out, so I'm assuming that it needs replaced.  Once I can get it under a good light to the kitchen table, I think I can disassemble it and then get the broken part remade.  

There is a guy who has an almost unknown store in the old Darios Bar.  I talked to him at length last night and was very impressed with his knowledge.  Look past the big ear holes, at least they do not reflect his intellect and potential. He makes items from a 3D printer and plans on increasing his sales base of what he can provide.  We need more small businesses like this in our town!

He gave me an idea of how to get that part fixed, and once I refuse to feed the men in my house any more till they get the faucet onto a workspace for me, I will try to do it myself.  Right now we're using the wall faucet in the shower to brush our teeth!  Improvisation is the name of the game.  

He also knows of a business in Reynoldsville where you can get computer boards resoldered.  I'm going to check they out on Wednesday to see if they can put a new charging port in my old favorite Paperwhite Kindle. 

Yea!!