GoDuBois.com

Pepper plant problem

Pappy

You have my sympathy. Having tried to get rid of spider mites (nasty little devils!) I think I'd just give up on the peppers. You'll need a miticide if you want to go after them. Most insecticides aren't useful on mites. Or you could try horticultural oil or an insecticidal soap. They smother them but you have to hit each one.  

The good news is that they won't come back next year as they can't take our winters.

Yes they reccomended oil sprays and isecticidal soap.

Maybe you could try this and tell us if it works.  Even if you can knock back the numbers of mites it will help.  You might be surprised by an improvement of the plant and new fruit.  Our longer summers are allowing more plants to put out a second crop of sorts.  However, now we'll all see Late Blight in the fall.  It's been there all along but our plants are usually dead by then from lack of sunlight and we're done with our gardens so we don't normally even notice it.

You mix 1/4 - 1/2 cup of flour with 1/4 - 1/2 cup of milk and 1 gallon of water and spray the affected plant.

You can also try Neem Oil which is fairly non-toxic, but I hate the expense and any sort of added health danger.  Insecticidal soap is a good bet too.  

If you try the flour mixture, do it a couple of days before a good rain is predicted or hose it off in a day or so.  The object is to get under the leaves to suffocate the mites, but keep it off of the upper surfaces.  Your garden will only look ghostly! :-)