GoDuBois.com

What Is The Best Way To Take Eggs Out Of A Carton

mr.d

Internet debaters scramble over best way to take eggs out of a carton

When someone asks you how you like your eggs, they're usually trying to find out how you prefer them cooked: scrambled, fried, or poached?

But a raging food debate has taken over the Twittersphere, that has social media users cracking up over a surprisingly simple quandary: What is the proper way to unpack a carton of eggs? Over the weekend, Twitter user Brian Faughnan posted a photo of an egg carton and asked egg-eaters if they unpack their cartons from right-to-left or from left-to-right.

The resulting discussion has led to an egg-splosive debate across Twitter, the likes of which we haven't seen since that viral toast-cutting dispute.

One might say there is no right way — an egg on the left or right side of the carton is still an egg. But in the past few days, many have taken to Twitter and joined one of four very distinct egg-unpacking camps: left to right/right to left, from the center out, from the outside in or, well, just randomly.

Wait, what? You can grill eggs?
Play Video - 0:38
NBC_HT_GrilledEggs3.today-inline-vid-fea

Left to right or right to left

Many people seem to think that plucking eggs from one side to the other is the best method because it's the most logical. Americans are accustomed to doing things in order, like reading from left to right. A few tweeters even suggested that they snap the carton in half when it gets to the halfway mark to save space and stabilize the carton.

From the center out

Those looking to find some balance in their fridges (and maybe just in life) fell into this camp. By grabbing eggs from the middle outwards, the carton remains balanced on the sides — unless, of course, you only end up with one egg at some point! But tweeters who follow this method noted that you don't have to worry about the carton accidentally falling as a result of an unruly weight imbalance.

Keeping things even

Like most works of art, egg cartons should also have a center point of gravity. Twitter users with this mindset answered Faughnan’s initial post with the idea that having no extra mass on the outside of the carton equated to a decreased chance of unruly spillage. A few Twitter innovators came up with ideas such as arranging the eggs in a zig-zag pattern, saying this symmetrical design would keep the weight evenly distributed.

See the amazing things Olympic athletes eat for breakfast
Play Video - 1:45
Sequence-02-00_00_01_21-Still001.today-i

All over the place

Not everyone is that methodical about egg carton unpacking, however. Many chimed into Twitter saying they just confidently pluck eggs out at random.

This is also Twitter we are talking about, so there were plenty of silly and downright nonsensical answers.

While hatching a plan on how to take eggs out of a carton is important, maybe people should stop being so hard boiled and just get cracking.                                                                                                             SEE VIDEO, TWEETS ;   https://www.today.com/food/best-way-take-eggs-out-carton-viral-internet-debate-t122412

mr.d....

:arghh:

Do you have any idea how many cartons of eggs I load and unload in any given week? These eggs are valuable, they pay for food, and haphazardly slinging eggs to and fro with no thought of balance is just pure insanity. Unless you are placing or removing 12 eggs at a time, you always work your way from the outside in, taking equal numbers of eggs from each side of the carton with each removal. Your beloved spouse wants a 3 egg omelette? Sorry toots, it don't work that way. You get a 2 egg omelette or a 4 egg omelette, and you'll like it :arghh:

Hubby went down to the chicken coop late last night and the girls were carrying on like there was a bear in the coop.  He looked around a spied a possum walking around the compost area behind the coop.  Unless it had been climbing on the coop I can't imagine how they would have known it was out there.  

At any rate, I've been reliably getting 5 nice sized eggs a day but today only one and it was a tiny newbie.  One of the Rhode Island reds started laying, but then no one else did.  Do you think that whatever caused the commotion can make them stop laying for a day?

SHOOT THAT DADGUM POSSUM!!!

I hate those dang things, they will rip chickens apart if they can get to them. I'm sure they probably heard it, it may have tried to dig under to get to them and that's what got them wound up. Coons and possums are my two biggest threats, I keep traps set.

Yes, that could have made them stop for a day, or they could have just all skipped at the same time. My girls do that a good bit

The whole coop is up off of the ground and made of heavy wire and cement board for this very reason.  No holes, no cracks, all doors have locks including the ones into the yard.  We even had to padlock the big clean out door to keep out a granddaughter!  I don't think we got eggs today either.  I'll have to ask hubby.  He has more fun finding them so I let him get the eggs and the mail.  In return for denying me that enjoyment, I "let" him take care of the garbage!  ;)