GoDuBois.com

SAD

steelnut

I'm dreaming of spring and green, green, green!

This white stuff gets old real quick.

I seriously think I'm a victim of SAD, Seasonal Affected Disorder.

I need sunlight and for long periods. It gives me the get go that I need.

In the summer, I can go all day until 9pm outside and feel great. Go to bed at 11ish and get up at 5am, go to work,

come home and have tons of energy to go at it again.

In the winter, at 5pm, I feel like I should go to bed and read?

When it's dark, I fell just blah, ick, crappy...

I'm already thinking of the flower beds. Can't wait. Hubby bought me a gazebo last fall and it's all prepared to plant around it,

I'm just trying to decide on what I want to plant. I think I have lots of time to figure it out, looks like a long winter, ugh!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A trip to the taning bed every few days (with sun block) should help. The uv rays help with SAD

I've never tried a tanning bed, I'm skeered of them! I want the natural thing I guess?

And besides, I'd have to be in the darn thing from around 5pm to 9pm, I'd end up looking like a shriveled up prune!

Guest buellman22

Yeah sure Buell!

As much as I love PA, every year at this time I can hear James Taylor....."I'm going to Carolina in my mind...."  :)

c'mon steel, watch the news, global warming is dead, it's cold in the deep south.lol. i'm freezing tonight out in the tool truck. i'm a summer time boy, and a james taylor fan.

I know what your talking about... I figured if I were to add up the winter months of SAD, I would have wasted 4-5 years of my life feeling the winter blues.  I dream about living in maybe southern Tennessee or South Carolina..  When my husband was station in CA. it rained during the winter months(Sacramento area) but I never got these Winter blues.  I would hate to live in Alaska when it's dark for a couple of months.  I could probably handle the light for a couple months though. That might be cool.... ::)  It's weird to think that you would go through a period where either the sun never arose or never set for any period other than a day......hmmmm

I get mad at my husband. I seriously think he gets SAD, but he always has the curtains closed in the daytime. He needs the sunlight. I think he doesn't want to sit and look at the snow!

We haven't gotten the seed catalogs out yet. maybe in a couple of weeks.

c'mon steel, watch the news, global warming is dead, it's cold in the deep south.lol. i'm freezing tonight out in the tool truck. i'm a summer time boy, and a james taylor fan.

Lol, I know. Our friends left today for a two week vacation in Florida, I told them they should have waited a while.

And if you were in PA, you'd really, really be freezing tonight!

James Taylor, love him!

I know what your talking about... I figured if I were to add up the winter months of SAD, I would have wasted 4-5 years of my life feeling the winter blues.  I dream about living in maybe southern Tennessee or South Carolina..  When my husband was station in CA. it rained during the winter months(Sacramento area) but I never got these Winter blues.  I would hate to live in Alaska when it's dark for a couple of months.  I could probably handle the light for a couple months though. That might be cool.... ::)  It's weird to think that you would go through a period where either the sun never arose or never set for any period other than a day......hmmmm

It's hard to describe, I just don't "feel" the same?

I get mad at my husband. I seriously think he gets SAD, but he always has the curtains closed in the daytime. He needs the sunlight. I think he doesn't want to sit and look at the snow!

We haven't gotten the seed catalogs out yet. maybe in a couple of weeks.

Lol, I have the drapes pulled wide open to get the sun in! I need my sunlight.

Thank God, I have a window at work. I can at least cast a glance out once in a while during the daylight hours, if I were enclosed in the winter months, I'd go totally batsh*t crazy!  :)

I've already received two catalogs and I've been looking and looking, cannot wait!  

I'm dreaming of spring and green, green, green!

This white stuff gets old real quick.

I seriously think I'm a victim of SAD, Seasonal Affected Disorder.

I need sunlight and for long periods. It gives me the get go that I need.

In the summer, I can go all day until 9pm outside and feel great. Go to bed at 11ish and get up at 5am, go to work,

come home and have tons of energy to go at it again.

In the winter, at 5pm, I feel like I should go to bed and read?

When it's dark, I fell just blah, ick, crappy...

I'm already thinking of the flower beds. Can't wait. Hubby bought me a gazebo last fall and it's all prepared to plant around it,

I'm just trying to decide on what I want to plant. I think I have lots of time to figure it out, looks like a long winter, ugh!

Really and truly it is the lack of sunshine.

Hope reading this will help. I actually (under the recommendation of my doctor) take 5000 iu of Vitamin D3 a day in the dark winter months.

Then cut back to 2000 iu  when the days become longer and the sun is shining.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-weil-md/integrative-mental-health_b_354332.html

It's good to google D3 deficiency  and read all about it, and check with your doctor.

nothing like a Gurnies catalog to get a woman excited:shok:

Aww, sweetie tis the simple things in my life that make my heart flutter. I can remember how excited my Pappy would get over the seed catalogs, that garden is truly what kept him alive. :)

Aww, sweetie tis the simple things in my life that make my heart flutter. I can remember how excited my Pappy would get over the seed catalogs, that garden is truly what kept him alive. :)

Me too, and I live for playing in the dirt every year!

Hubby says that I've never grown up from playing in the dirt and making mud pies, silly man.