GoDuBois.com

Asian Lilys

steelnut

Asiatic lilies are a true lily. They are members of the Liliacea family and  grow from bulbs. They send up a stalk with leaves whorled around it and the flowers at the top of the plant.

Day lilies are members of the Hermerocallis family. They do not come from a bulb but have roots that terminate in swollen tubers. They grow in a grassy clump and put up a flower stalk that rises above the leaves. The flowers last just one day.

Asiatic Lilies look like a white Easter Lily.  A tall stem from which come a lot of short strappy leaves.  The "root" is a fat ball with small hairy roots.

Day Lilies are like the common "Outhouse" wild lily that we see along the roads in July, usually orange.  The roots are like fat worms and the leaves almost come directly out of the ground with no visible stem..

Hopefully these pictures are in the correct order!

stoutclump_8537.jpeg

Guest Tracy96

Ooooh love them!  I have light orange ones, dark orange ones and pink ones.  The pink haven't bloomed yet but the orange ones are beautiful!  I'll try and post a pic of them soon.

I've got pink, light orange, dark orange and red. The light orange is my favorite.  I've also got a yellow Turk's cap lily that is in bud. They are the ones that the petals turn backward. I've got a wild orange one too but it seldom blooms. Tried moving it to where the yellow one is, so we shall see.

Store them in My Pictures on your computer in a file where you can find them.  Resize them to about 2 inches?.  Start your message and inctead of clicking post, click More Post Options.  Click Browse which will allow you to browse through your stored files till you locate that picture.  Then just double click on it and click Post at the very bottom of the message screen.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the pics of my dark orange and light orange.  The pink haven't bloomed just yet.

Hey Tracy........If you ever need to divide those lite orange ones up.........I would gladly take a few off your hands!!  ;) I need some different colors on my hillside!   ;)

Can I have some???? Please.....Pretty Please!!! They are just beautiful curwensville!! I have the plain orange (as someone called "outhouse" ones). I would really like to get some different colored ones......oh yea, I have 1 yellow one thrown in with all the orange!  :)

Guest curwensville

Can I have some???? Please.....Pretty Please!!! They are just beautiful curwensville!! I have the plain orange (as someone called "outhouse" ones). I would really like to get some different colored ones......oh yea, I have 1 yellow one thrown in with all the orange!  :)

If you really want some PM me. I have more colors that haven't bloomed yet. I'll post pictures when they bloom. Do you have any plants etc. to trade?