GoDuBois.com

Oooh, I'm getting so excited!

steelnut

After these last few days, I have spring fever sooo bad! I cannot wait to get everything going for the garden and I'm planning to plant some more perennials.

Hubby is telling me that I've planted enough, but after just getting into them the last few years, I want to plant more and more. I like everything I see too, so look out!

I loved seeing some of the plants peaking up out of the ground this weekend.

If I didn't have to work, I swear that I'd be outside gardening every day, all day, it's like a stress relief thing for me. It just soothes the soul. My Mom says that I just never outgrew playing in the dirt! I think she's right.

Guest FarmersDaughter

I'm ready too.  Since we built our house 4 years ago, I keep adding perennials each year.  Our landscaping is a work in progress.  I have some plants I want to relocate.

I love it when I see leaves starting to appear then the buds!  

Guest FarmersDaughter

I have a couple of midnight salvia I want to move.  I planted them little too close to some grasses.  

lt's so hard when you're starting out.  I go by the tags on how big plants are supposed to get, but they always seem to get bigger than I thought they would.

I also have some Shasta daisies I want to seperate.  I wanted to do it in the fall, but just never got the chance.

Good time to relocate and divide perennials. I dug up 3 big butterfly bushes. They reseed themselves or the squirrels plant them.

I'm really excited to see how my butterfly bush does this year. I bought it from your group at the farmer's market last year. Beautiful, healthy plant, thanks.

My crocus are just georgous, I stop to admire them every morning on the way to work and every night when I come home!

If I've never said it before, and I'm sure that I have many, many times, I LOVE spring!  :)

I cut my butterfly bushes down to the ground each year. Mostly they die back but I do it even if they don't because here, with half of the branched dead to winter kill,  they grow more symmetrically that way. They are one of the last things to leaf out so don't get discouraged. If it doesn't come back you can have one of the new ones I just dug up. I'm not sure how long they last. My yellow one only stayed around for about 3 years.