GoDuBois.com

Maze cut into the yard

slk24

Now that the snow is all melted we noticed our side yard has like a maze dug into it.  It is just like the top layer of grass, not actually dug in the ground.  I wouldn't think it would be a mole because they dig under ground.  I thought I saw something about this on here but must have been in the newspaper. I know this doesn't give a lot of info but anybody have any ideas??? :-/ ??)

Skunks do that looking for grubs but this is not the time of the year for it.

How about voles? They dig as well. Since they are vegetarians they may be digging around under the snow for a snack. They are usually what get your bulbs.

Thanks lavender..when I looked info up on web we are almost sure that is what we have.  Neighbor next door doesn't mow his grass except about 2 x per summer after I turn him into the city then he leaves the cut grass lay, his yard looks like a hay field before they make the bales.   They certainly have made a mess of our side yard!!!:yuk::tant:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FarmersDaughter

We had that maze look in our yard last year too.  I raked it good and we put stuff on our lawn to kill the grubs.

We had one of those voles too.  I was pulling some weeds last summer and all of the sudden the mulch started to move - freaked me out!!  My hubby was cutting the grass so I ran and got him.  We stood there and waited and it did it again.  He got my little hand rake (has three prongs on it) and well. . . . you can guess the rest. ??)

Guest FarmersDaughter

Our main problem in the summer is chipmunks.

Those dirty little rascals make a mess of my mulch in the flower beds with their digging.

We usually put out rat traps with peanutbutter.  Two years ago we got 3 of them.  Last year they kept eating the peanutbutter without snapping the traps!:tant:

We'll see what this summer brings. . . . .