GoDuBois.com

Blackspot on roses starting

beav1875

Anyone try using greencure for black spot on roses? With all this rain I'm getting some blackspot on two rose bushes now. Trimmed off the infected leaves and now it looks naked. Anyone else having issues with black spot yet?

Yes! I have about 15 different rose bushes and only one gets blackspot. I can't figure it out.  Mine started getting spots around early April.  I bought some fungicide that I found at Lowe's for my other bushes, but it didn't help the blackspot...I thought blackspot was mold spores?

In the May 29th Courier there was a question in the Old Farmer's Almanac column about using chamomile as a "plant doctor."    The answer stated that chamomile does indeed often help sickly plants to revive; and, in France chamomile is often grown around rosebushes for that purpose.  

Don't know if it will help the blackspot or not, but I thought it was an interesting concept worth sharing.  

In the May 29th Courier there was a question in the Old Farmer's Almanac column about using chamomile as a "plant doctor."    The answer stated that chamomile does indeed often help sickly plants to revive; and, in France chamomile is often grown around rosebushes for that purpose.  

Don't know if it will help the blackspot or not, but I thought it was an interesting concept worth sharing.  

This is very interesting! Thanks for sharing it...I might try to plant some chamomile.

That is called companion planting. I think the article that one of our garden club members co-wrote as her Master Gardener thesis is still up on our website www.downtoearthgardenclub.org  If it isn't still on the front page go under news and click on articles. It's there someplace.