GoDuBois.com

Black Walnuts

lizzie

Be careful with back walnuts. They are difficult to crack and even more difficult to get all of the shells out of. We have some most years and while I bake with them I only do it for us because of the shell problem. They are hard on the teeth!

It is very expensive to buy them shelled so they are a treasure.

Guest snellma

I won't be home again until Thanksgiving but if someone wants to save some for me I will be more than happy to pick them up and bring them back to SC with me.  We used to store them in paper grocery bags in our basement so I know they will keep.  It will just be up to you if you want to keep them for another month.  Just let me know.

Guest snellma

Did you get your water yet?  If not, it is on the way.  We have had an entire day of rain today which we badly needed also.

I'm serious though about me bringing you something.  If there is something you would like, just let me know and I will try to get it.

We have had city water for about 4 years now. It is sooo nice. All those years of well water - rusty clothes - orange bathtub, dry well, UGG.

Can't complain about our well water but the water softener is probably not good for us. I know it isn't good for the plants. I lug water for the orchids when I have time. The rest of the time they just have to cope with it.

Guest snellma

WATER. We need water in DuBois.

Have you gotten your water yet?  I'll be happy to send you some if you haven't.  Left home and not a drop of rain.  By the time I got to downtown Charleston there was a monsoon.  The streets were already flooded with about 2 feet of water (which is usual at high tide and a heavy rain).  Thank goodness my big umbrella is always in the car.  Those rubber rain boots are definitely going on the Christmas list.