GoDuBois.com

Price of canning jar lids.

Smokefree

I know most everyone is probably done canning but I just wanted to say that the discount food store in dubois Save a Lot has the wide mouth lids for $1.79 and the regular ones for $1.29. I think this is the best price that I have seen around here. It isn't a sale or anything. Just their regular price. And they have a lot. Most of the other stores are low on stock and probably won't have any soon. I plan to keep canning food now and then this winter when there is a big sale on meat because I just can't stand paying the regular price. Plus when you can 7 quarts at once of something that you have to simmer for hours anyway you are saving on fuel, as you are doing enough for at least 7 meals at once. Has anyone heard of a better price for lids or any sales on jars? If so, where?

I missed the Big Lots sale. I asked about lids about a day later and they said they had them for .99 but just sold out. That was a month ago and I have been checking there 2 or 3 times a week since then and haven't found any at Big Lots. I don't know how I missed the sale, as I shop there a lot.

I love trying new foods from Big Lots. Some I really thought were tasty and you can't get many of these items anywhere else.