GoDuBois.com

5 Plants You Didn't Know You Could Eat

mr.d

It's always interesting to see different uses for plants. I've always wondered why no one has come up with a way to use corn silk in cooking. It is used medicinally in a tea but that is about it. Well, except for the pig pancreas and corn silk soup but I think that was therapeutic, as well. It is full of flavinoids and vitamins c and K. I was thinking it might be good in a stir fry. 

It's always interesting to see different uses for plants. I've always wondered why no one has come up with a way to use corn silk in cooking. It is used medicinally in a tea but that is about it. Well, except for the pig pancreas and corn silk soup but I think that was therapeutic, as well. It is full of flavinoids and vitamins c and K. I was thinking it might be good in a stir fry. 

I have eaten most of the plants mentioned in the OP. Plus some others, never thought about corn silks. I did a google search on them and there was someone who deep fried them, might be good. I think your stir fry idea might be OK. Wonder if they could be dried , crushed fine and used as breading ?

They have a "fresh" taste raw. Not really like corn. I've nibbled while husking corn. I've never tasted them cooked. A lot depends on how they would cook up. They might just shrivel up and disappear if you tossed them in hot fat.  Maybe I'll give it a try next corn season. Things get so busy in the summer that there is rarely time to play with my food.