Master Gardeners to unveil new outdoor education area during Fair Week

Bon

Master Gardeners to unveil new outdoor education area during Fair Week

• By Eric Hrin ehrin@thecourierexpress.com

•  

•  

578c48565f35d.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C79

• By Eric Hrin

Cheryl J. Shenkle, Jefferson County Master Gardener Coordinator, works in the new Penn State Jefferson County Master Gardener Outdoor Education Area, located by the fair office at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. Tours will be offered during fair week.

BROOKVILLE

This is the most fun I've ever had in gardening!  Sharing it with people who want to learn to grow their own food can't be better.

I even shared the article on my FB page!! (Can I have your autograph next time I see you?!?! Lol

Thank you!

There will be a Summer Master Gardener Day in late August and we will harvesting/eating from the garden, also teaching about rain barrels, compost bins, soil building and lots more.  It will be several hours of gardening education, eating and fun!!  There will be a fee but it hasn't been set yet.

Hope to see lots of people there.  

Now is the time to mulch heavily after a watering.  There may be some relief this weekend but who knows for sure.  Most of the wilting is from dry air.  You may lose leaves but probably not roots or stems unless you planted them this summer.