GoDuBois.com

What are those purple grasses?

Smokefree

yes, if it is a larger flower bed. If you have a small one, find the mini's. If you can't find the mini's I would dig them up about every 3 years and quarter them. They do get big as you can tell at the Small plaza by Sarvey's.

If you can't find it I'll make sure they have some at the Farmer's Market. I can dig it but it takes awhile for it to get established in the pot. It likes lots of sun and good drainage. If you can provide that by the side of the house it should work out.

Bon, what is the plant in the lower left corner of the picture between the two rocks? My cactus is not doing well this year. It froze to mush over the winter and the rain isn't helping matters.

Lots of sun yes, good drainage I am not sure. I'll have to keep an eye out. Its hard to tell with all this rain we've been getting. I'll check at lowe's for them.. I think 3 mini's in about 8 feet is ok? How about you?

ya shouldn't trim it till fall!!! cut it back to about 6-8 inches high  ;)

I don't care, I cut whole stems off at the ground to keep the width smaller and I topped it off before it flowered, but I won't now that it has. I always cut it to the ground every fall and it comes back fine...at least it has every year so far. :-/

We got ours at Lowe's.

the pic with the skunks in it? that is sedum, it should be as big as the one behind the yucca in the second pic, but the dog keeps knocking it down. I also have a white bleeding heart right behind the little skunk on the left rock and the dog keeps that one knocked down also.

The plants in the rock garden are, cactus, honeysuckle, sedum, yucca, russian sage, day lily, coral bells, minature rose bush, white bleeding heart, and the big shrubs are rose of sharon.

here are pics of our grass wall, along with holly bushes, lilacs, and a cucumber tree that somehow grew there. also pic of how big my sedum is. I took about 30 shoots off of it and gave them to a friend and still need to get rid of some.

bank_1_7811.jpg

bank_2_1210.jpg

bank_3_757.jpg

bank_4_9482.jpg

tall_grass_761.jpg

medium_grass_2089.jpg

wall_of_grass_4060.jpg

very_lg_sedum_7167.jpg

the pic with the skunks in it? that is sedum, it should be as big as the one behind the yucca in the second pic, but the dog keeps knocking it down. I also have a white bleeding heart right behind the little skunk on the left rock and the dog keeps that one knocked down also.

The plants in the rock garden are, cactus, honeysuckle, sedum, yucca, russian sage, day lily, coral bells, minature rose bush, white bleeding heart, and the big shrubs are rose of sharon.

Yes, that is the one. Knocked down explains it. I never saw a ground hugging sedum with such big leaves. Thought maybe it was something new.

thats the descrition I got last year. It hasn't gotten any flowers, but it only started growing there last summer. Now it is laying on the bank!!! We don't need a tree that tall planted in shallow ground. I could just picture the wind blowing it over onto my brand new car!!!!!