GoDuBois.com

Chipmunks

wonderer

Okay, what can I get to get rid of them? They are digging holes all over the yard, and now they come up on my deck and dug up some bulbs from a tuplip kit I received for Christmas. I don't want to kill them yet, but I am not putting up with this. Will moth balls do anything?

We have times when we are over run by "chippys"...a few are okay and we enjoy watching them.  Hubby has been known to name a few  :rofl:

Unfortunately the only thing we have done to take care of them (beside getting a cat) is putting D-Con out.  We have a dog so I am really careful where I put the D-Con.  The only thing we haven't tried is getting a cat, hubby and I don't like cats so that is not an option..beside the cat would have to live outside and we really don't like that.

Have them here...digging in everything this year. My neighbor has been trapping them and relocating them...to Treasure Lake...JK. ;) Last I talked to him, I think he was up to 12 or 13 so far.

Maybe the deer will eat them! I can see it all now, first chipmunks, then squirrels,  rabbits and groundhogs. When the residents start going missing we'll know where they went.

I was up there the other day and those deer are pathetic. They don't look like the healthy, sleek crtters in my back yard. When you start to mess with Mother Nature you can't stop and expect her to fix the mess.

TL needs to start a deer habitat program.  They've let the trees crowd out all of the undergrowth to the point that there is only deer feed at the homes where the sunlight reaches the ground.  They could do a strip cutting program at the rear of the lake and create the proper feeding situation.  That should draw the deer away from the houses.  Then with a judicious hunting program they should have fewer but healthier and more beautiful deer.  

I put d-con out one year only to find months later they were storing it in an old helmet I had in my garage. so much for that idea.

You could try Poison Peanuts that come in the pointed yellow cans. It has a different active ingredient than D-Con. Read the label carefully, like all poisons it can be harmful to other lifeforms than the one you are trying to get rid of. It's not easy being the chief predator, huh?